[1] His name, once upon a time.

Coby.

His name sits just right every time you say it. As if you were born to speak only his name. The name has a nice ring to it. Call it out loud to bring the smile out of him. Whisper his name on the harsh battlefield. Say it quietly in your heart no one could hear.

Coby.

He's holy. A human being that shouldn't have existed. You had a hard time believing such a human like him is real. He's breathing, loves to eat onigiri, and wakes up early to train. He's easily blending in with everyone else. Right under the blue sky, where he is. 

Coby.

A hero everyone needs. How humble he is hiding behind his reddening cheeks. He never feel the need to be praised or held so high. He's an ordinary human being. Perhaps, he can use a reminder of how he's already a hero in many hearts.

Coby.

No one could get tired of calling his name. Ah, it's probably an opinion only you can believe. He's so perfect with no one to compare. Worthy of his bravery, courage that makes many shudders. Doubting every miracle that ever happened before them.

Coby.

If only you could confess to him. One simple thing is to let him know how precious he is.

Coby, never changes, will you?

"Are you listening to me, [y/n]-san?"

His blue glasses were down hanging on his nose. The newspaper on his hand is featuring a pirate with a straw hat. Green bandana. Flowery. Coby is slightly frowning when he realizes you haven't moved an inch.

Your smile grew wider. "I am listening. Your story is always so entertaining to hear, captain."

"Is..- is that so?" A little bit mumbling, Coby is fixing back his glasses to his head. He's looking at you again after glancing away. 

"It seems that you were so in it you forgot to sit." Coby's shoulder stiffened when you touch it after standing up. "I'll make us some tea."

"Thank you very much, commodore." 

"Why, no need to be so formal. Weren't you calling my name just then?"

"That's for calling me by my rank."

"Oh? Is that revenge?" you whistle, coming back with a tray of a teapot and three small cups. "Where did you leave Helmeppo? Poor him. You must be running here right after getting the newspaper."

You weren't aware Coby was watching your every movement as you sits down. He's slouching to the front, hands on thighs, chin lower than shoulders. 

"Helmeppo-san should be here any soon. I suppose we have a schedule in one hour."

"I see. Here's yours."

"Uh-oh, thank you." Coby also took a sip after you poured the tea for him. 

"You're going to leave with Garp-san? Or with your own ship? Having your own ship with your name on the sail must be nice."

"Why won't you have one, [y/n]-san?"

You grin at him. "It's embarrassing."

"I have a question." Coby looks so serious after he sets down his cup. "Say we're on a mission together and there is another captain beside me.. what are you going to call me?"

"Captain Coby."

"You're not fair, [y/n]-san," he pouts, just a little. His habit that you notice every time he's displeased with something. "You call Helmeppo-san by his name. Even Garp-san, you call him by name. Why am I the only one you never call by name?"