[7] Would you?

We need more Coby content on Wattpad. Honestly, why not?
--- --- --- ---

"Would you be so kind to let me fall in love with you?"

The words coming out of her have Coby stunned for what feels like forever to him. The air somehow got hotter, the stars stopped falling, and the look on her face is now having him go through several flashbacks of life choices. The wind passing through between them definitely didn't help much in relieving the situation.

Just how sweet could she be? Coby thought he got it but now he's proven wrong by the blessing of the sea. He'd decided that he would bleed for his justice and crawl out of hell to achieve his dream. He really thought he was going all out of his whole emotions. To think there is one left behind, forgotten by him mostly unconsciously since he was sure he wouldn't ever get it. No, Coby wouldn't dare to mess with that one.

Coby knows, he's just so sure, that he's not deserved such a thing. It never crossed his mind since then even once. He's content with what he has at the moment. The Marine, a best friend, superiors, subordinates, people, and a pirate even, everything is dear to him. That kind of thing is a concept he managed to accept after his years in the Marine. Still, not that one.

Love is intangible. It has different shapes and meanings. Some he could understand and one he's afraid of. To love is to rely on your feelings, to receive, to give, to share an umbrella, to live together, and the list goes on. The length of this world will never be enough to describe love. Nothing can put it into a box and call it a day. It's the most complicated simplest concept to ever existed. It goes beyond words and lives within every single living being.

Coby isn't sure if he has the capability to give one or if he's worth it to receive one. It would be too heavy for his little heart. Too much for someone small like him on these vast seas. He's nothing but a tiny drop of water.

His fists tightened beside his body as he's trying to grasp the situation. It feels like he's out sailing and swaying on a ship rather than standing on solid land. His heart is about to burst from thumping so hard. The silence is deafening and he's not used to it anymore.

"Coby?"

She called and Coby was immediately on his ground again. It's like she's able to pull him out of the void to a safe zone. The silence after isn't so bad anymore. Perhaps because of the waves on the shore. Could be from the look in her eyes.

".. am I hearing that right? Ah! I was listening! Just want to confirm..."

His hands are playing funny again waving around. Not that could brush out his embarrassment and not that she doesn't know this habit of him.

"I am serious," she said, softer than silk, firmer than the sea stones. The way she said makes his heart flutter. Her smile isn't fading the slightest.

Coby thought they were the same of a flustered mess. They both had been called too weak for this. Too much kindness. Judged wrong just by being human. He just realize their strength lies together and crossed a few times. So many similarities yet so different.

She's not lying nor hiding anything, Coby knows. He can see it almost all through. It could be that he was ignoring all the signs subconsciously because of his lack of confidence. He's still an amateur in this aspect. He couldn't just fight it out with his fist.

"You know.., me.., right? It's me, you know?"

Coby gestured his body, slouched forward, both palms open to the sky hoping for catching stardust. He's desperate to convince himself. No, he couldn't believe it just yet.

But he knows for sure that he's yearning.

"We've seen the moon in its fullest form so many times. We've seen how fast the calendar is changing. Today become yesterday, yesterday become two days ago, two days ago become a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, years, ..was that not enough, Coby?"

She's always so neat with her words. She speaks the language of the ancient; the voice of the world. Coby's always impressed by how she could change the way he sees the world by just her words alone.

"That sounds like forever." It slipped out just like that. Coby's lips parted in awe as his cheeks turns into the same color as his hair. So, he's been hugged with affection without his acknowledgment. It was all right in front of him in a form beautiful than, maybe, One Piece, or whatever all those crazy pirates are looking for.

"Forever sounds dreamy, Coby," she spoke again, humbly and certain about it she continues, "I would love to make it happen with you."

He failed to resist the urge to not yell her name. It was in a spur of a moment that he lost control of himself. "Ah!" Coby smiles sheepishly. He likes the idea as well. He knows that she could read him like an open book. She always does. "I'm thinking a lot of things right now."

"A very Coby thing to do," she laughed, "I hope we're on the same page. You see, I am the way I am because of you. The tales you told me, your ambition, hard work, and journey, the seashell, straw hat; I wish I could recite them all into poetry. My feelings grew day by day as I know you. The brave hero of the Marine. The cry baby. You're a flustered mess most of the time. The stars are aligned that way so is my heart."

Coby knows how his heart works very well. He isn't sure where but fear and anxiousness are creeping up somewhere inside him. It could be him being over-conscious about himself. It could be because the relief he feels isn't familiar.

Maybe, love is the joy fueling his heart at the moment.

"Would you be so kind to accept my love?"