[5] Sweet dreams for all of us.

The song is Dream Sweet in Sea Major by Miracle Musical.
--- --- --- --- --

The sea of the New World is quite calm tonight. The skies are clear and full of stars with no hint of clouds nearby. Such a rare opportunity that won't come for another day, for months perhaps. The job had been done long ago and midnight has come. A certain battleship from the Marine Headquarters is lowering its anchor. Just a ship in the middle of the vast sea.

The leader of the ship, Captain Coby, had ordered them to rest for the night. They had ventured on a long journey and now's the time to rest. Perhaps they're going back to the headquarters tomorrow. Tonight they shall feast in deep slumber.

The said captain is far from the dream world. While there isn't much shock can be felt from his bedroom, the young captain feels like the bed is swaying back and forth. The dim source of light from the moonlight accompany his still awaken thought. He shall lead his vessels again once the morning greets. Yet he's unable to rest even a little of his weary body. 

The captain climbed off the bed and took his jacket. He's off to the deck in search of a fresh breeze. It should clear his mind a little. 

The usually rowdy ship has gone really quiet. If the captain wants it he can hear his unit's steady breath from their sleep. A thin smile appears on his lips. The captain steps his foot outside and hears the melody along with the wet sounds of a mopped deck.

Alone at the edge of a universe humming a tune
For merely dreaming we were snow

There she is under the curtain of the night skies. Alone, somehow mopping the deck in the middle of the night. She seems deep in her world not noticing the presence of her captain. She sings a song he'd never heard before. 

A siren sounds like the goddess who
Promises endless apologies of paradise
And only she can make it right
So things are different tonight

"Ensign." The captain called softer than the breeze of the wind. 

She is the newest member of his ship and holds the third highest rank. Everyone welcomed her well, the captain recalls how massive the welcome party was. Perhaps because the rests are happy to welcome a woman on the journey. They were even more overjoyed after experiencing how kind she is. She mostly takes care of them when the captain and his right-hand man are away.

Though, he didn't know she could sing. Two months must be too short to know someone well. They've been pretty busy too.

"Captain," she greets in the same way her captain called her. As if the two didn't want to wake up the stars of the petty officer guarding in the crow's nest up above. "Are you perhaps going to ask me what I'm doing?"

"Very much, ..yes. You've been cleaning the deck alone?"

"I just want to do something. I promise I'll rest, Captain, you don't have to frown." 

"Oh." The captain's face relaxed and he laughs a little. "Weren't we all agreed to clean once the sun rises?"

"We are." She put the mob in the bucket and leans it to the railing. "Didn't know you would still be awake. Lieutenant commander Helmeppo won't like it when he finds out."

We'll go together in flight

"Then he must not find out about this."

"I'll keep my mouth closed for you, captain."

Captain Coby steps in closer and places his left hand on the railing. He's gazing at the dark sea before returning to her. She returns the same gaze.

"So, you could sing."