thirty-seven

chapter thirty-seven [ heather holloway ]

[ heather holloway ]

the group was all gathered in mike wheelers basement while el was trying to find hopper who has been MIA.

melissa kept zoning off, holding the ice pack against her forehead since she was still pretty hot. the others are still trying to figure out what's wrong with her.

ever since yesterday at the pool, she's been acting strange. they also don't know why she passed out during the sauna test last night.

"i found him," el spoke up.

"where is he?" max asked.

"woods." eleven replied.

"woods?" lucas repeated, confused.

"he's with......wills mom." eleven said, making will furrow his eyebrows.

"my-my mom?" will asked eleven.

"what are they doing?"

"ill.......annoy." eleven tried sounding out, not really knowing how though, "they're going to ill annoy."

there was a loud knock on the door upstairs, "mike! breakfast!" mrs. wheeler yelled.

"not now mom!" mike yelled back, turning back around toward el, "illinois? illinois, like the state? the state of illinois?" he asked as eleven took the blind fold off.

"i-ll-annoy." she shrugged.

max and mel took eleven to the bathroom to talk and clean the blood off her face. melissa sat on the toilet, examining all the blisters on her arms while max grabbed a washcloth.

"woah, where are those from?" max asked, causing the girl to roll down her sleeves.

"nothing. they're nothing." melissa said, getting a little too defensive.

"okay, jeez." max held up her hands and began rubbing off the blood under elevens nose.

"sorry...." melissa sighed, running a hand through her sweaty hair, "i'm just....tired."

"we all are." max said, el nodding in agreement.

"it's just. remember what billy said, about how he was sorry for doing that to me. what did he do?"