Chapter Three

Jamie put his plate in the sink and went outside. He walked to the lake that was a few miles behind the warehouse and sat down.

Jamie sat like that for a few hours. He kept picking at a spot on his hand. He heard footsteps come up behind him. Jamie didn't bother moving.

"You know, you can take a break from here if you want?" the person said, sitting down next to Jamie.

"I have nowhere to go. You know that. I don't want to go back to my hometown. There's nothing there for me," He replied, plainly.

"I mean like go to a motel somewhere,"

"Nathan. I'm not wasting money like that. I'll be fine,"

"You know who did this, yes?" Nathan asked.

"Yeah," Jamie mumbled.

"Then go get him. Kill him or someone he cares about,"

"He's a gang leader. I can't do that. You know the rules,"

"When do you care about rules? You break the law, which is basically the biggest set of rules,"

"I care about the others, Nathan! Everyone in the gang! If I attack a different gang leader it'll put them in danger!" Jamie retaliated.

"Right. You do know all of us are trained to kill. Even Haider, and you know he can't kill a fly. I think we'd be fine,"

"I can't do it alone, there's no point,"

"I'll let you take two other people," Nathan said, getting up.

"Why? There's no point," Jamie asked.

"If my sister got killed, I would want to kill the person who did it. I assume you feel the same way,"

"Fine. I'll get back to you tomorrow,"

"Okay. Now come on. Lunch should be ready soon,"

Jamie got up and followed Nathan back to the warehouse. Jamie walked to the kitchen and grabbed some food. Then he walked down outside and sat by the door and ate. Tylar came and ate with him.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I know you're fine, force of habit," Tylar said.

"Yeah, it's fine. I'm just... I don't know. I have no idea what I feel or if I feel anything," Jamie replied.

"Jame...what happened?"

"My brother is dead, okay? Some guy killed him to get to me."

"Oh..."

They stayed silent for a few minutes.

"Do you know who did it?" Tylar asked.

"Yeah, and I have to pick two people to come with me to get back at him," Jamie said.