01. angel

saturday,
april 30th, 2022

CHAPTER ONE - "ANGEL"

Luke watches with that cheeky smirk on his smooth lips as Eden's green eyes widen at his comment.

He bites his lip, swearing he can feel his heart leap at the blush cascading across the bridge of her nose.

"Fuckin' hell, angel," Luke groans from below her, her swollen lips pressing needy kisses all down the base of his throat while rolling her hips against his, "Feels so fuckin' good."

"You left," Luke recalls softly, his brows tugged inwards as she shakily helps dry the flesh of his abdomen with some napkins.

Eden gulps, avoiding eye contact with the undoubtedly intimidating blond. She feels her heart rise higher in her chest as Luke carefully takes the napkins from her grasp, finishing the job himself.

"I uh..." she mutters, looking around the quiet beach, "I didn't realise you wanted me to stay."

Eden Remington met Luke Hemmings at a musical festival in Amsterdam a week before she was due to leave for Italy.

Ironically, they met because Luke got shoved into her by an obnoxious drunk and ended up tipping some of his beer down her leg. While he profusely apologised, she just laughed and they immediately discovered their mutual love for the band Arctic Monkeys who were playing at the time.

"I don't know..." Luke mumbles, memories of their night together pulsing through his mind on a loop, "Thought maybe you would."

While Luke didn't intend for his words to sound presumptuous, Eden takes it a completely different way. Her lips curl in disgust, her thick brows pulling together.

"Don't flatter yourself," she says carefully, eyeing his reaction with her hands crossed over her abdomen, unintentionally shielding her tattoo from his view.

Maybe Eden would never admit it to Luke directly, but he was the best fuck she's ever had. However, that's all it was at the time. She didn't care to know more about him considering he clearly wasn't from the area and she was leaving in a week.

For Luke, he was certain that if he woke up alone he wouldn't be affected in the slightest. In fact, usually, he liked when girls showed themselves out after a night spent in his hotel room, because he dreaded the awkward morning after.

When he woke up that next morning and Eden wasn't laying on his chest with her gentle breaths hitting his neck, a foreign sense of disappointment filled his veins.

Luke rolls his eyes at the feisty blonde, "I didn't mean it like that and you know it," he says flatly, watching as her alcoholic drinks are replaced for her on the bar top.

Eden hums, turning to thank the bartender in Italian before taking a glass in each of her palms. Luke's throat bobs at how sensual the accent sounds pouring from her lips. Before she brushes past the taller blonde, she lets her eyes trail up and down his toned body.

"I don't know you at all..." Eden replies softly, not wanting to sound harsh for it isn't anything but the truth. She tries desperately to refrain from smirking as she adds, "Luke."

Her mesmerising eyes linger on the silver chain around his veined neck and she recalls how she'd wrap her fingertips around the jewellery to keep his lips on hers.

A smirk hangs on the boy's supple lips as she saunters past him, purposefully brushing her arm along his muscled torso. He watches her go, the way her curved hips sway a little as she strolls through the sand, her straightened hair flowing prettily down her tanned back.