1: Melora blossom

🍎

⚠️ weapons, mentions of blood and death and kidnapping⚠️

Apple blossom

Easily forgotten.

Today is the spring festival. For apple blossoms bloom on their respective trees. Today is the spring festival, for the shoes are flatter and the trees are greener. Today is the spring festival, but this year it's different. The same green trees, flat shoes and apple blossoms that bloom on their respective trees. The same warm sun in the sky, blue sea and dusty pink dress with orange hems. But the people. The people are different.

The usual laughter of the spring festival has somewhat subsided, into a more hollow and fearful sound that echoes through the old fair grounds. The people fear, you can hear it in their laughter. They fear and it echoes like bats in an old abandoned storage. Their fear seeps into the air and catches, it spreads from person to person until there is not a single light hearted human left on the carnival grounds. Even the children, their emotions shine through. They can't smile and pretend like the adults, not anymore. They are too young for that, and the teens are too radical to care about what's appropriate and what's not. Only the adults pretend, and they are doing quite a spectacle of themselves while they're at it.

Melora would call herself an adult. She's right in between, the time where it's hard to tell. Twenty years of age, adult, teenager, young one. Fresh from the tree of life, like an apple. That's what her name means too. Apple. And perhaps that's why she is so keen on not making a spectacle of herself like the other adults. Because it's the spring festival, where the apple blossoms bloom, and her dusty pink dress with orange hems looks beautiful against the whitish pink flowers. It matches even, both the flowers and herself. She would love to match an apple. Energetic, fresh, always present. Sweet but healthy, sour but not too much. In different colors, red and green and even yellow. But never anything less than a sweet, whitish pink flower that so patiently waits on top of the apple tree.

Someone snaps a picture. The flash of the camera can be seen in the corner of her eye, despite the bright sunny weather and the clear blue sky. Melora turns around, in her dusty pink dress that reaches down to her upper ankles, and shiny matching shoes.

"Are you cosplaying?"

Melora smiles at the question. Her teeth are straight and perfect, her skin without a single blemish. Perfect. Too perfect. Freckles over her cheeks and nose like blush, a natural shine to her skin. Big greenish blue eyes, the inside of her irises looking like sharpened diamonds in different colors. Her hair, strawberry blond, tied into two thick braids on each side of her head, loose but not messy. Her hair seems to be a little bit curly, but the hairdo hides it all. Her skin, otherwise completely clear but with one dot, one imperfection, right on the center of her forehead. It's green, it doesn't match. Her hands, gentle and delicate, suspiciously so, coming up to her smiling face as she shakes her head no.

"What's that?"

The person in front of her, dark brown hair and round glasses, looks flabbergasted. Her friend, shorter black hair with an indifferent face, makes no show of his emotions. Melora keeps smiling. A perfect straight smile with just a slight twitch of her lips, a sign of amusement. They stand in front of the old Parisian Ferris wheel, with golden light bulbs shining from each leg of the ride. It doesn't do much since it's daytime, but at night it must be beautiful.

"Oh, I just thought since you were dressed so uniquely... sorry to disturb you, we were just curious"

Perhaps it is a little unique. Melora keeps smiling. Shining like a star among the rest of these dark dressed humans. A pink long dress, all the way to her ankles. Braids with little orange velvet strings in them, golden rings and necklaces gifted down the line. Family heirlooms. A corset-like upper piece, with carefully tied strings. She must look like a person from the past, their history. These humans who live in the future, their minds moving on every second they are alive. Among these humans she is confident. She can smile and laugh. Among these humans she can easily avoid catching their disease of fear and dread.