7 - The British Blue-Collar

Descriptions:

Species

Collar

Joke

Name: Loralee Cupp

"Hello," Loralee spoke nervously, going on stage. This was the most important performance of her life so far. She had discovered a species of dragons and had to now present them to the world.

The people didn't stop talking. Loralee coughed awkwardly. "Hello!" Silence ensued. "Thank you," she smiled.

"Anyway, I'm Loralee Cupp and I'm here to introduce to you, the British Blue-Collar!" the curtains behind the young woman opened and a light gray dragon was revealed. Yet, the collar-area of the dragon was, indeed, light blue. The dragon walked forward elegantly and made a gurgling noise.

"Boo!" someone yelled from the ground. "It's a hologram!"

"What a joke!"

Loralee swallowed and grimaced. The dragon seemed to sense the discomfort of its owner and roared lightly, silencing the crowd. The young woman nodded to the dragon before turning back to the crowd.

"For centuries, we have thought dragons are extinct. Yet, the story of dragons was told about a hundred years ago, through kids' movies. And since then, scientists have tried to find if there's any truth behind the story.

A week ago, I found this beautiful creature digging a crater into an abandoned Viking-village at the Western coast of Wales. My colleagues are working on identifying any more of these creatures while I have tamed this one.

Although the dragon was found in Wales, there have been notices of the species all around Britain although they were not believ-"

"Still a hologram!"

"Can you touch a hologram?" Loralee asked, getting fed up. Then she fully leaned her body weight on the dragon. The crowd looked speechless. "Thought so. Now as I was saying..."

I'm referencing to the How To Train Your Dragon franchise here, if you didn't catch it.