Prologue

A loud bang and there is a knife in my foot and my feet burn. I scream loudly, this can't be happening again. Have I been dreaming all of these months? Was that a dream? Is this a dream? I head the door open and I run, I run to find a hiding spot in a closet. I crawl all the way to the back of the walk-in, he won't bother walking all the way in here. There's no way. I pull my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them and burying my head as face as I can into them.

"Khaleesi!" oh no he's looking for me. What are his plans for today? What is he planning to do to me? He already burned me and made my foot bleed. I rip a piece of my shirt off as quietly as possible and press it on my foot to stop the bleeding. I won't heal, not with him using silver. I can feel the draft and smell the mold. The bars on the cell are smiling at me like I'm an old friend. I start crying, I'm never going to get out of here. Not a damn chance, if I'm so delusional I can't focus on reality, I'm already too far gone. I just have to focus on surviving.

I can hear his footsteps coming closer and fear runs my blood cold. I start rocking back and forth trying to calm myself. I can protect myself; I've trained my whole life. I'll be okay. I'm okay. "Khaleesi" he whispers "Don't touch me!" I plead tucking my head down further. "No one is allowed to touch me" I cry. "No one but Lynx," he says, finishing my thoughts. "Yes," I breathe. I can feel them coming close and I hold out my hand, ready. I can't think straight, my body is tingling with fear, and I can't breathe at all. The tears are heavy and hot as they hit my knees. "Please don't" I beg "Please don't touch me again" I choke out.

He moves quickly scooping me up and I thrash and scream. I'm begin carried somewhere and I scream louder than ever. "I want Lynx!" I yell crying. "I know," they said, voice steady. He's the only one who can keep me safe. I'm not strong enough anymore, not anymore not like this. I'll never be safe anymore because he can't find me.

Cold water is splashed down on my head and I shriek "It's me, Khaleesi. It's Lynx" I look up and sure enough it's him holding me in the shower, cold water coming down on us. I grab onto him sobbing "Is this real?" I question. "Am I losing my mind?" I sob grabbing him closer. "It's real. You can feel the cold water. You can feel this" he grabs my hand and places it over his heart, "You can feel me" the bond zings through me like a power surge. "What happened?" I questioned, he shuts off the water and steps out, both of us drenched. He sits me down on the sink and grabs a towel. "Someone hit a car and had to scare you because you dropped the cup of coffee. It cut your foot and it looked like it burnt you. It's probably what caused the flash back." He dries off my hair and I strip out of my clothes examine myself. No stab marks or cuts, healed. I'm healed. "I'm sorry" I whisper. This has happened a few times in the last two months ago and it never fails to make me feel like shit every time. He's there every time though, with cold water because it's the only thing that's got me out of it.

He kisses me on my forehead then looks down at me "It's fine". He exams my feet, "It's already healing. Does it hurt?" I look down and wiggle my toes "No" I breathe, "I hate this." I say a few more tears falling, "I know you do. It'll stop eventually" I nod my head. "Maybe we should start drinking ice coffee?" he asks and I nod. "You want to go swimming?" Cass pops into my room with a broom and dust pan, no doubt cleaning up the cup I shattered. "I don't know about swimming but I'll lay out" she doesn't comment as I answer her. Lynx grabs my hand and helps me off of the sink, "Let's swim. Practice your diving" he smiles. I nod my head, "Okay" my mood has completely gone south but he knows diving helps it. "I might give you a ten!" Cass yells from the balcony.

There are a lot of the things that cause this reaction out of me, but I digress, let's start from the beginning....