Chapter Two - Help Me

One year later

I walk out of the woods; I threw the gun into the pond. They will be nothing if I kill myself. I'm tired of fucking crying so I have nothing to do but suck it the fuck up. So I go into the house, up into my room, and I don't sleep.

"Khaleesi you have to get out of bed. You have to get ready" Cassandra murmurs in my ear. Cassandra has been my best friend for sixteen years ever since we were born. I don't look at her, I just stare out of my window as I have for the past year. My dad died a year ago and I haven't left my room since except for school. I especially don't want to get up now, not for this day. I've dreaded this day since we went to his funeral. A responsibility I shouldn't be taking for another two years with the support of both of my parents. I only have my mom now, well half of her. Ever since my dad died, she isn't her anymore which is expected. Actually, she should be dead at this point but she's not, and that I'm thankful for.

We are werewolves, half human and half wolf. We also have mates, the Moon Goddess herself pairs us with our perfect match at birth. The story we are told as kids you are created with another person attached to your soul and eventually, in life you are to find them and you feel complete. I used to think it was a beautiful thing, to have someone you love to the utmost and who knows every inch of your soul. Now I can't stand the thought of having a mate and I hope I never find one. I don't want to go through what my mother does every day, all of that pain that destroys her every breath. I don't care that she had years of love before it happened but now, she has to finish out the rest of her life like this. She does the best she can, especially in front of others but me I see it all. Every single tear I watch and hear every night as the sorrow beats her down to the ground.

"Khaleesi. Please." Cass bends down next to the bed to be eye level with me. Her dark green eyes examined my own blue ones. She tries her best with me, always trying to make me laugh and smile but it hardly ever works. A piece of her red hair falls from her perfect bun and I take my little tan hand out from under my purple blanket and push it behind her ear. Astro is getting fucked out of this situation as much as I am today.

I'm being crowned Luna today, the leader of the pack. Astro is becoming my beta, my second in command. He doesn't seem to have an issue with it at all though at least he doesn't let me see it. He's also my best friend just like Cass. The two look like they wouldn't even be friends let alone mates. Not only do they look drastically different from Astro with his dark black hair and brooding expressions but he also seems so gloomy all of the time. Cass changes him into a very different person around which is great for him. This affects her too, it affects everyone.

"Khaleesi Jane get up" I turn towards my door and my mom is leaning against it. She looks so different than she used to. Her brown hair is lifeless gray and her blue eyes are dull just like her life. She is the reason this is happening; she is giving up Luna because she can't handle it anymore. Selfish because of what her daughter is about to go through. I hate her right now and I'm sure that will change one day but it's not happening now.

Cass pulls me up out of bed no longer waiting for me to do it myself. She drags me all the way to my adjoining bathroom and sits me down on the bench across from the door. "Look, I know you don't want to do this. We all know you don't want to but you can't put it off anymore. You need to push your own emotions somewhere else and become a Luna" She starts the shower without even looking at me, not that I blame her.

I know she's right so I do what I need to and stand up. I strip out of my clothes and get into the shower. "The dress is a light purple." She comments running out of the bathroom. I wash my dark brown hair and body trying my best now to imagine what's going to happen in an hour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look at my reflection in the mirror not even recognizing the person staring back at me. She looks put together and maybe even happy with herself. My big t-shirt and shorts are now replaced with a light purple dress. It goes down right above my feet where I have silver strappy heels on. My long hair is braided down my back and Cass put silver hoops in my ears too. She put makeup on my face to cover up the dark circles under my eyes and tried to give me color in my cheeks.

My mom comes up behind me smiling "You look beautiful" she puts her tiny hands on the sides of my arms "I'm so proud of you for doing this" she muses. I know I look dumb founded because what is she proud of? Me getting out of bed? It's not like I chose to do this and she knows it. SHE'S DOING THIS TO ME.

"Shut up. This is all your damn fault" I grit then push past her until I'm out in the hallway where Astro is waiting for me. "Oh Khaleesi" he murmurs, putting my arm through his. He wipes a few tears away and I push down the cry I want to let out "Don't let me fall, Astro" I whisper. "I won't" then we descended to the backyard.

It's not until later when I'm alone in a field where I scream and continue to scream even as Astro walks up to me. He has tears running down his face when he sits down next to me, not caring that his shiny dark blue suit is going to get ruined. "Khaleesi?" he questions wrapping an arm around my shoulder, "Mh?" I respond crying too hard to be able to respond "We aren't going to get paid enough to do this" I do nothing but laugh.