Chapter Four - Not Today Mate

It's a meeting day. I have the black dress and red shoes I got the day before yesterday with Cass and my hair is its naturally curly self today. I put red lipstick on my full lips and black mascara on my lashes. I look good, I really do today. I have the folded map in my hands as I walk down the hallway to the conference room. Hopefully, this will bring us some good and we can fix the issue at hand so everything is fine. At this point, the reasoning is behind us if we can fix it.

I open up the door and everyone stands for me. An elder is in the corner taking down notes like humans do in court. Astro and my mother? Stand. I don't know why she's in here but I'm not going to say anything to her about it now. "This is Booker, my beta." His voice is silky against my skin, deep and scratchy. I look up to the voice "Hi, I'm Alpha Lynx. Matthew's son" he offers me a dazzle of a smile that is bright. He has to be at least six-two which makes me have to tip my head up to see him from my five-foot stature even in heels. He has very high cheekbones, he could be a model. He has very deep green eyes and long eyelashes along with full lips. His black hair must belong because it's tied up in a bun. I let my eyes travel to his chest which looks amazing in his white button-down shirt that's rolled to his elbows. He has a tattoo peeking out of it as well.

I've seen a lot of attractive men but this takes the cake. He's beautiful and his voice. I look in the direction he pointed to his beta. He's blonde, tall with brown eyes, and built as well. Lynx stares at me across from the conference table. I nod at them both before sitting down and just as I'm about to speak Astro comes up to me and leans down "The hotel in Cancun is having some issues. They want to know if we can come out there" I jerk my head back "They want us to go to Cancun all because of something going on in the hotel?" he nods before saying "I tried to do it over the phone but they won't" I huff "We can deal with it later". He pats my shoulder and then sits down.

"Thank you for coming, Lynx" I smiled at him "Did your dad mention the reasoning for this meeting?" He adjusts his way in his seat before laying his forearms on the table "No he did not. He didn't have the time" I sat up unfolding the map that has marked spots where the border was breached. I flipped it to where he can see it correctly "We've been breached twenty times within a month. At first it was harmless and now they've killed some of my pack" he studies it "It's all breaking on the side of our territories meet so I was wondering if we-" He cut me off "How do you know they're not letting them in? Or maybe someone hired them to come in and kill some of you?"

The entire room gasps loudly at his accusation, "I'm sorry what did you just say?" I question just in case he wants to save his ass. "How do you know that one of your pack members isn't causing this?" I stand up quickly, angry, so I slam my hands on my table "Do you know the accusation you just made?" I slam my fist down "It's a serious offense to claim a pack of their our treason" I look at him with disgusting on my face, "I wanted to change patrol times and maybe at more but you won't accuse my pack of something" I lift my right hand "Get out of my house" it's his turn to stand up and slam his hands but one of his hands touch me.

You 

have

 got

 to 

be 

fucking 

kidding 

me

Our eyes go wide looking at each other, our mating bond snapping together like a rubber band on a wrist. "Get out of my house" I grit standing up and pulling my hand back. "You're my mate" he whines at it, all manhood gone. "I don't want a mate. Especially one who thinks they can come in here and disrespect my pack and me. A Luna who has been doing this for eight years compared to your day. Now. Get. Out. Of. My. House" I leave the room Astro quick on my tail.