Lift 4

Ralph, a tall, orange haired man wakes up dressed in a blue blazer.  He rolls out of bed, falling onto the floor.  Through the pain, he gets up.  He limps out of his room and goes to the kitchen.  He feels as he had just been murdered and woke up dead.

Ralph makes himself breakfast.  Eggs, bacon, cereal.  It hurts to swallow.  The most painful meal he's ever eaten.

He drives all the way to the office building.  Walking straight to the lift.  It's for some reason filled with people.

He rides it until all the people have left and presses a button to go to the 32nd floor.  However, it goes down to the 11th floor.

A woman enters the elevator.

She says "Good day, Ralph."

"Hello," Ralph replies

"Enjoy it, you've barely got anytime."

"What do you mean?  What day is it?"

"Friday.  Lauren will come tomorrow."

"Who are you?"

"Lina."

"How do you know this?"

"Stop asking so many questions.  I think you'll be happier not knowing."

"I'll be dead tomorrow!"

"Mhm."

The elevator stops at the 32nd floor.

"Go ahead, Ralph, live again."

"Did I win?"

"That's not how this works."

"I'm so confused."

"Me too.  I'll just tell you, what seems like hell is better than what you want to see."

The doors of the elevator open and Ralph is face to face with his own body.  He steps off the lift to investigate it.  He sees that it has been eaten.  Lina stares at Ralph without looking away.

Ralph senses what she wants him to do.  He starts biting into the body and the elevator starts lowering without closing the doors.  Lina never breaks sight.  She is the only one to see Ralph eating his own dead body.  Everybody else ignores it like it's not even happening.

The end.