thirty-nine

chapter thirty-nine[ brimborn steelworks ]

chapter thirty-nine
[ brimborn steelworks ]

eleven sits in her room with a blindfold over her eyes and pictures of the flayed people in front of her while everyone else waits in the living room.

mike was pacing back and forth, worrying about eleven, nancy and jonathan were trying to figure out what the source could be, will and lucas were eating lucky charms, max was just being max and melissa, well, she was passed out on the couch.

finally getting sleep after restless nights of nightmares.

"it can't be good for her to be in there for that long." mike said, running a hand through his hair.

"mike, you need to relax," max rolled her eyes at the boy who was overreacting.

"what if she gets brain damage or something?" mike began coming up with crazy ideas.

"oh shit. is that, like a real thing?" lucas chimed in.

"no, it's not. he made it up. mike doesn't know what the hell he's talking about." max rolled her eyes.

"oh and you do?" micheal sassed.

"no, i never said that. you're just being dramatic mike. she knows what she's doing, okay?" max sighed.

"can you both shut up!" melissa yelled from the couch, covering her ears that were suddenly hurting her.

"sorry mel." they both apologized.

the group had no idea what she was going through. the pains, the aches, the burning. she felt like she was dying.

while they were all arguing about eleven, melissa sat up and held her head in her hands, closing her eyes as the throbbing pain in her head increased.

it was like something was constantly pounding against her head, not going away or stopping. nothing could stop it.

the shouting from the group wasn't helping either.

"yeah, i guess girlfriends don't lie they spy!" mike shouted directly into max's face.

"we were just joking around."

"wouldn't it have been so funny if i was taking a massive shit or something?"

"you weren't."