Chapter 14: That's Not Candy!

Cars had stopped around the van, blocking the majority of the road, and people were beginning to flood out. The vehicles boxing Sara and company in were a combination of Jeeps and SUV, recipient by a dozen of the GRC personnel. Most of which seemed to be armed. Of course. They were always armed. Favouring guns as per usual.

There were also shocked and confused bystanders dotted among the scene. Some had pulled over and gotten out of their cars after witnessing the accident. Most likely in an attempt to help, but the GRC staff aggressively approached and forced them back, even using their weapons on them as leverage. Further back, the traffic was starting to queue and horns were blazing angrily.

One woman had a phone to her ear, perhaps calling emergency services. But a GRC employee snatched it out of her hand and then smashed it on the asphalt. He crunched it under his heel for good measure before forcing the terrified woman further away.

Sara was attempting to tiptoe around the back of the mangled van to get out of sight -possibly the only blind spot- when Twister suddenly grabbed her, to escalate her creeping speed.

He lurched her towards him, out of harm's way as a bullet was fired. She was expecting to see another bullet hole in the side of the wreck that was once Eric's van. But instead it just left a fleck of paint damage. Sara's eyes darted around her vicinity to locate the ammunition.

With Twister holding Sara close she could actually feel his body starting to change form. It was both confronting and uncomfortable. The muscles twitching, the bones crunching, stretching, and popping into their new positions. Clothes ripped and tore away. Sara held in her repulsion along with the familiar giddy hum he often expelled as his body started glowing with strange taudog dimorphism.

As he continued to morph, Twister let go of Sara and she took the opportunity to crouch down and grab the strange, dart-like bullet that had rolled by her feet. It had a needle at the receiving end, now exaggeratedly bent and blunt, and the case was translucent, revealing an alarmingly fluorescent pink liquid inside.

Sara absentmindedly stuffed the dart into her pocket as she now noted two big figures in her peripheral vision.

Sara had seen Sparkie transformed before. Or rather had noticed glimpses thereof. When he had done so it had been at Sara's home when she had been totally distracted, trying to avoid being killed, and then having a mental breakdown over the disclosure of her parents.

A sharp pain pierced Sara's heart as she forced herself not to think back further. She even physically shook herself and slapped her cheeks in an attempt to focus.

Seeing both brothers transformed next to each other was... Well... One was intimidating. But two were astronomically intimidating. They were both physically big, but also had a substantially powerful presence. Majestic, but also fierce.

Sara was no longer fearful of experiencing this form of the twins. But with them both looming over her she could not help but feel tiny and weak in comparison.

Like in their human forms, they were practically identical. Their eye colours and a slight marking variation on Sparkie's ears were really the only differences Sara could see between them.

Sparkie shuffled closer between Sara and his brother. The van carcass really wasn't big enough for all three of them to hide behind. His viridescent eyes were alert and flickered nervously as his muscles stiffened, poised and ready to spring to life at any moment.

"We have to keep following the road," Sara told the brothers.

Twister didn't need to say anything. His head snapped towards Sara, his eyes telling her he thought that was a ridiculous idea.