Andrei

I knew as soon as Maxim came in, we were dead meat. No one, and I mean no one disobeyed Maxim, he was more like a boss than a father and Ivan and I had given up hope about ever receiving love from him.

Actually, Maxim adored Artemis, she was like his real daughter although he punished her the worst and harshest for every single mistake. Maxim looks to Artemis, then back at us. "Рад видеть вас, принцесса, чего не могу сказать о вас двоих." (Nice to see you princess, I can't say the same about you two). I'm sure Ivan is shaking out of fear right now.

Maxim is mostly cool and calm. But the thing he despises most is disrespect and betrayal. And we have just done both, to Artemis. Artemis has risen from the ashes, almost literally. She is actually the heir to the American Mafia, but we have told her we want to put her sister on the spot. 

I'm not sure how Artemis will react when we tell her we actually want to kill her sister and her brothers. Also, there is a marriage contract. With the Italian heir, Leonardo. I have met him many times and he seems to be okay. I have seen the dangerous glint in his eyes though, and know he is not one to be fooled around with.

Back to reality. Maxim and Artemis have finished their usual banter and Maxim is telling Artemis to punish us. I know Artemis isn't one to be sneaky, she is fair but holds grudges, and I mean she holds them. 

One time, Ivan purposely, as a joke, broke her favorite throwing knife. It was a fake one but still Artemis had pretended to laugh and move on. 

(Artemis's fav throwing knife.)

But precisely a month after the incident, Ivan was out on a mission and Artemis sabotaged the mission

But precisely a month after the incident, Ivan was out on a mission and Artemis sabotaged the mission. Almost resulting in Ivan getting killed.

Artemis just laughed and said he had made her mad. Maxim had let Ivan punish her, since he was the one who had been put in danger. Ivan was so blinded by anger that he literally burned her wrist, resulting in her crying and for few months, she had to undergo treatment for the wound.

Maxim had blamed Ivan for starting everything, and Ivan had been punished harshly for it. For a few weeks, he couldn't even move because of the pain, although it was probably nothing compared to what Artemis was enduring when the nurse applied an ointment that made her scream in pain.

The mafia world wasn't something you wanted to be in. But you were born of it, so it was just how it worked. Back to the future, I knew why Artemis made me fight Silver. I had liked Silver for a long time, even Ivan had to admit Silver was very talented. 

But me, liking Silver probably would be careful to not hurt her too much. But Silver knew the extent of my abilities and if I didn't try my best, she would call me out and get mad thinking I was going easy on her because she was a girl.

If I did my very best, I would be able to beat her, even with no weapon. Or so that's what I thought. Except when the actual match began, I totally lost to her. Can you believe it? Training for so long, and losing to a girl that has only trained for 6 years now? I hated Artemis, and looked her way to see her laughing. 

I was going to get back at her, and it would be sweet sweet revenge.