Pre-Game/Hope's Peak/Post-Game

(Only a two-second drabble today.) 

 Selected: Post-Game

  Harukawa keeps a vigil by the pod the comatose Momota Kaito lies in, refusing to leave for anything.

   She does not entertain herself in any way while she sits unless she is reading to the boy who cannot hear anyway (but it's better if she believes that he can.) Saihara or Yumeno brings her meals three times a day and a blanket at night.

   A.I. Kiibo turns themselves on sometimes and tries to speak to her, but she never acknowledges them. They're close to giving up.

   She is silent most of the time, watching, waiting for a sign, any sign that he is coming back to her.

   No one said it better than Saihara when he spoke of the fact that despite everything being fictional, what he felt, what they all felt, was real.

   Harukawa Maki is still deeply in love with Momota Kaito.

   She gently traces her fingers over the glass, watching the awfully-slow rise and fall of his chest, listening to the sounds of the machines hooked up to him and all of their other classmates.

   Team Danganronpa had said there's only a 50/50 shot for those who died in the program to return, but she believes he'll come back.

   He'll have to.

   Right?