forty-one

chapter forty-one [ blondie only cares for her ]

chapter forty-one
[ blondie only cares for her ]

melissa hopper woke up with a gasp, her eyes snapping open. her whole body ached and she felt like she couldn't move. the smell of chemicals ran up her nose, not bothering her whatsoever.

she stood up but instantly regretted it. the pain in her ankle shot up her leg, making her lose her balance and fall back onto the ground with a hard thud.

"shit." she cursed, glancing down at her bloody ankle.

she cringed at the sight of it. it was messed up, bad, disgusting looking. she then got a sudden deja vu from last year with her hip.

where the fuck am i? she asked herself, as she looked around the place she randomly appeared in.

all melissa remembered was will letting her go and then the mind flayer dragging her away from the cabin.

will.

"will! will!" melissa called out, slowly standing up and limping towards the door of the place she was in. the more she moved, the more blood she lost.

she felt weak, tired, scared, alone.

melissa finally made it outside and it was pretty dark out. of course, it had to be dark out. when her eyes finally adjusted to the darkness, she looked around and spotted a sign.

brimborn steelworks.

"well shit." she sighed.

this was the place, the source, where everything began in. where she become flayed.

she remembers that night clearly now.

who would have thought that billy would have been the one who got her flayed, who brought her to him.

melissa knew he didn't want to do that to her.
he was forced.

"hello! is someone there? anyone!" she yelled again, hoping that anyone who wasn't flayed or wasn't the mind flayer would hear her and bring her back home.

the home she shared with hopper and eleven and her friends and will. all she wanted to do was be in his arms while they watched movies and ate popcorn and laughed.

she just wanted all of this to be over.

"is that you melissa or am i seeing shit again?" a voice spoke from behind her. melissa turned around and saw a figure of an older boy slowly approaching her. the only thing she could make out were the blonde curls that bounced on the top of his head with every step he took.