Chapter 2

I hope you guys like this so far. I'm trying my best.

"Hello?" Jeremy hears a tired mans voice come from the phone.

"Uh, h-hi. I w-was wondering if um, I c-could get a job here?" Jeremy fiddled with his thumbs. He had been so anti-social since his parents left him.

He even had to take anti-depressants.

"Oh! Which one?" the man asked, his mood brightening.

"Oh, um the n-night watch." Jeremy said, trying to sound cool, not nervous.

The man stayed quiet for a few minutes, and elevator music was playing.

"You're hired!" the voice said, ending the call.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Jeremy held his breath and walked inside the restaurant. He was trembling and felt like he was going to puke every where. If you don't know what a panic attack is, you're witnessing one right now.

Jeremy looked around. He resisted the urge to clean everything. After all, he was the night watch. Not the janitor.

"Hey kid, it's past hours. What are you doing here?" An older man, maybe in his late teens, early 20's looked at Jeremy.

"Um I'm th-the new n-night guard." Jeremy said quietly.

The older mans eyes turned wide in panic for a fraction of a second. Most people wouldn't notice it, and the older man thought he was off the hook.

But Jeremy noticed.

"Sir, are y-you alright?" Jeremy asked.

Shit...  The older man thought.

"Call me Mike. We're co-workers, so you don't have to call me sir. I will show you around." Mike said, struggling to change the subject.

"A-alright..." Jeremy said following Mike.

This kid's stuttering is going to effect my OCD like crazy. He's so annoying.

Jeremy had no idea of the thoughts going on in Mikes head.

"Ok." Mike said, rubbing his hands together. "You see these weird ass robot things will try to kill you if you don't keep a keen eye on them do start checking the vents and the hallway, I will check the cams and wind the box up." Mike said, casually, giving vague instructions.

"What!?" Jeremy's voice sounded high-pitched and squeaky, laced with fear.

Mike rolled his eyes. "Just check the fucking vents and hallway, how hard can it be?"

Jeremy cringed at the mans language and checked the vents and hallways with a flashlight.

Mike sipped from a cup from a fast food restaurant.

"Here, put this over your head and try not to move, okay?" Mike said, handing Jeremy a Freddy mask.

"Okay?" Jeremy said clearly confused.

Jeremy internally screamed when a yellow chicken walked into the room, scanned the boys and walked out.

He took of his mask. He was sweating profusely, his pale skin was blotchy, and he looked like he was going to pass out.

Mike on the other hand looked calm, and kept his cool demeanor. He took off his mask and sipped from the cup again, going back to his business.

"What? Ho- Wha- Did? You... You..." Jeremy was confused.

"Get it out." Mike said impatiently.

Jeremy wanted to scream, but he didn't have enough energy.

So he cried instead.