Chapter 23

Mike stood in the door way of Jeremy's room. Everything was nice and neat compared to the rest of the house. Mike wouldn't, Mike couldn't walk in there. It had been 2 weeks since Jeremy was in the hospital. All his fluffy hair was sadly gone. If he lived, his could grow back, unlike Mikes. Mikes face was expressionless. He kept on telling himself that he had to keep his feelings locked up or he wouldn't get better. He felt numb all over. He stared at Jeremy's blue bedsheets. The light smell of sage and lemons wafted into Mikes nose.

Mike shut the door, backing away from the room. Those smells were like slaps to the face. He gritted his teeth and went into the bathroom, throwing cold water on his face.

Scott and Vincent had come over a couple times to check up on Mike, and to help clean.

Mike sniffed. A tear rolled down his cheek, creating a streak to form on his face. He wanted the pain to go away. He decided to go to Scott's house.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"Hey Mike! What're you doing here?" Scott opened the door.

"I just need to get my mind off things." Mike mumbled, walking inside.

Vincent and Fritz were on the couch watching NCIS. Reasonable.

Mike sat down next to Vincent.

"Hey Mike." Vincent said, still staring at the TV.

"Hey." Mike said back, fiddling with his shoelaces.

"So can I like, get you something? We're having enchiladas for dinner if you wanna stay." Scott got out three glasses. "What do you want the drink?"

"Yeah, I'll stay. And I want some green tea if you-"

Mike was interrupted mid-sentence by his phone. He pulled it out of the pocket and froze when he saw who it was.

It was the hospital.

Mike slowly put his phone up to his ear.

"H-hello?" His voice came out in a whisper.

"Hi, do you happen to be Michael Schmidt?" A man answered, his tone casual.

"Yeah, that's me." Vincent, Scott and Fritz turned their attention to Mike, their faces twisted in dread.

"Well, Jeremy Fitzgerald went through surgery, and is shaken, but okay. He appears to have little brain damage over small things, like what his favorite color was."

"His favorite color was yellow."

"Alright. Well, you may come see him now."

Mike hung up the phone, a smile slapped on his face.

"He's alive!!!"