1.Chapter

A girl walked alone through the rainy streets of London. She wore a dark blue, almost indigo, long jacket that reached her knees. She had pulled the hood in her face up to her green eyes, in which a shade of gray shimmered. Her brown rubber boots looked scratched and old. Grace had set off a few minutes ago to go shopping for herself and her foster parents. Her real parents had taken her to an orphanage at the age of three. One day she wanted to find them and blame them for leaving them alone.

When Grace arrived at the supermarket, she saw Mike. He had a stand in front of the store where he sold his wonderful, self-painted pictures. But in this uncomfortable weather, everyone preferred to hide under a warm blanket, which is why they just had no customers. Although his portraits and pictures of all sorts of things could otherwise be sold very well.

Grace went to him and, like every time she came, looked at his olive green stand, which was actually a food truck. He had bought it from all his savings a year ago, two days after receiving his driver's license. "Hello Mike," Grace looked at her Friend smiling.

"Hello young lady, would you like to buy one of my pictures?" Both had to grin. That was just typical Mike and Grace had gotten used to it, she couldn't do without it. "No, excuse me Mike, can I help you in any other way?" Excuse me, the girl looked at him. Sighing Mike drove through his hair "If you can't conjure up sun or make me warm then probably not."

"Well, I can try the weather better to witches, because I'm such a good sorceress," she said ironically. Grace and Mike laughed as she waved her hands in front of her nose, but then something very strange happened, they actually got a little warmer, as if the two had just drunk a warm cocoa. The two were speechless.

After a while, Grace asked "Did you just have the strange feeling Mike? It was suddenly so warm." Mike replied: It was pretty funny that it was suddenly so warm, but probably it was just a coincidence, you see, it's just drizzling!" Shortly afterwards, the two said goodbye and Grace set off to work through the long shopping list, written in a very illegible handwriting.

~

When she got back home, she first took off her rubber boots and jacket. Then she put the heavy, yellow shopping bag on the kitchen table and greeted her foster mother: "Hello, I'm back, what's for dinner today? I'm hungry for bears.

"Hello Grace, unfortunately I didn't have that much time to cook today, so there's bread today, did you buy new cold cuts?" Asked Amalia, her foster mother. Grace nodded and shortly afterwards she went into her small room, which was located in the attic, the large country house. She sat down on her bed and opened her new book, which she had bought the day before in the small bookstore at the park.

When the green gray-eyed man had read a little, she went into the kitchen and started to set the dining table so that you could start eating. Today Grace only covered for two people because her foster father Louis was on a business trip. When she and her foster mother were sitting at the table, Grace was just about to reach for the raspberry jam that she had previously put on the table when a hand came before her. An admonishing look from Amalia followed. "Grace, you know, no more sugar or sweets from seven o'clock!"

The blond brown-haired girl let her gaze wander to the clock hanging in the kitchen. It was a quarter past seven. Shit. She loved Louis and Amalia, they had raised them and had been there for them when no one else was. But sometimes she got on the biscuit that they had a household that is as healthy as possible. Unfortunately, nothing could be done about it, so she took butter. Unfortunately, she no longer had chocolate in her secret hiding place.

When the food was over, Grace was just about to storm up again, when a voice held her back. "Grace, will you please help with covering?" Annoyed, she ran back again and helped her foster mother. When she recognized the approach of a question with him again, she quickly said "Homework has been done!" The answer was a smile and finally Grace was able to get into her room. There she checked again to see if she might have any sweets after all. Their secret hiding place consisted of a heat bottle with animal cover. One day she had simply taken out the heat bottle and filled her place with sweets smuggled into her room.

When she realized that she actually had nothing, she decided to read a little more. But after ten minutes, she gave it up. Something in her was restless and she would have liked to climb the roof to make herself comfortable there, like people in books or movies. However, she had never been on the roof, nor did she have any idea how to get on the roof. Very realistic these books, but really. So she decided to draw. She took a blank sheet and a pencil and sat down at her desk.

She stared at the paper for a while. Then she raised her pen and started. Her hand flew over the paper by itself. In the end, she looked at the result. A cat stared at her,