Chapter 14: Duel

A few days after the whole business with the Gleam Eyes, the rest of the Aincrad Liberation Army who survived, mourned the loss of their comrades, and after that. They begged Kaeya to let them join in the Knights of Favonius. Not wanting to get pestered, he accepted. All of them went to Mondstadt and asked for Jean to let them join the guild, they took off their armor and wore the standard armor for the Knights of Favonius.

Currently, Diluc is with Agil and Kirito in Mondstadt, Kirito came back after a hard day's worth of grinding with his guild and as for Agil, he wanted to eat some of Diluc's cooking. As Agil ordered and Diluc came back for about a minute or two, the two boys -Kirito and Agil- were looking hard at the food that Diluc made.

"Enjoy while it's hot." 

"Yo, fried chicken. Huh? Neat." Agil said.

"Huh, never knew chickens existed in Aincrad." Kirito said.

"Oh they don't. Seen the swans outside the city proper?" 

Both Agil and Kirito looked at each other. Wanting to change the subject, Agil coughs as he asks Kirito a question.

"So, Kirito. How goes it with the Moonlit Black Cats guild of yours?" 

"It's going well, all of us managed to take down several dungeons around floor 71 and Floor 73. But we kind of got stuck at one of these dungeons earlier and I'm kinda tired anyway along with the rest of them, so. We took a break." Kirito answered as he took a sip from his mug. "Hey, this doesn't taste so bad." 

"It's Ragvinder made wine after all. Don't worry, it's the non-alcoholic." Diluc said.

"Oh good, I thought I'd have to be beat beaten up or even puke outside." Kirito sighed in relief.

"If you puke here in Mondstadt, you'll have to pay a fine. The last time someone or a group of people puked, they were thrown into jail for over one week." 

"What? Why?" Kirito asked.

"Do you really need to know when the answer's right in front of you? A lot of drunkards would go around puking around the city which attracts flies and the more flies the less the city looks clean or even clean enough to even live in." 

"Damn. I got to hand it to Kayaba for the whole immersion thing." Agil commented. "Anyways, what about you, Diluc? Heard rumors that you almost died." 

"Really?" Kirito asked.

"Yeah, I did. But then... Well, let's just say an angel brought down the boss before it could kill me." Diluc answered.

"So whose the angel?" Kirito instigated more.

"It's-" 

As Diluc was about to answer, Asuna entered the Dawn Winery Inn and looked around. She then saw Diluc and walked towards the counter of the Inn.

"Ah, speak of the angel."

"What? Asuna was the one who saved you? Well... She is strong." Kirito commented.

"What's the matter, Asuna?" 

"Diluc... Commander Heathcliff wants to see you."

"What for?" 

"About the incident the other day." 

"Alright..." Diluc said calmly. 

Time skip...

Location: Floor 55, Granzaam

In the town of Granzaam in Floor 55. Asuna brought Diluc to the main headquarters of the Knights of the Blood Oath. She leads Diluc to the meeting room of the guild and there, the two of them saw a bunch of members all sitting there, waiting for them.