forty-four

chapter forty- four [ she broke that promise ]

chapter forty- four
[ she broke that promise ]

melissa followed billy as he carried an unconscious eleven over his shoulder. he laid her down on the ground in the mall, "don't be afraid. it'll be over soon. just try and stay.....very still." billy whispered into elevens ear.

those were the same exact words he whispered to melissa the night she got flayed all those nights ago.

after chasing down nancy and the others, the mind flayer returned to the mall. he climbed back in from the roof and landed right in front of eleven, billy and melissa.

eleven gasped at the sight of it and began scooting away but she was stopped by melissa, "stay still."

the girl eleven saw as a sister whispered to her. no emotion on her face. she was just blank but eleven could see the pain in her eyes.

she could see she was dying.

and although she feared melissa in this moment, she hugged her, wrapped her arms around the girl.

"mel..."

melissa— well the mind flayer pulled out of her grasp and slammed the girl on the floor, "stay still." and backed away as billy towered over her.

the mind flayer reached out toward eleven, but was suddenly interrupted by fireworks being thrown at him, "flay this, you ugly piece of shit!" lucas yelled, as he and everyone else threw fireworks at the creature.

"hey asshole! over here!" steve shouted, throwing more fireworks at him.

will saw what was happening to billy and melissa everytime a firework hit the mind flayer. they screamed out in pain, every inch of their body burning.

eleven tried to crawl away again but billy dragged her back over to the mind flayer, despite the pain, and held her shoulders down while melissa laid beside eleven, the mind flayer inside her slowly loosing control and her slowly giving up.

the group above them were slowly loosing fireworks and the gate still wasn't closed.

"seven feet.." eleven breathed out quickly, catching billys attention, "you told her.....the wave was seven feet." she cried, billys face softening at her words, "you ran to her, on the beach. there were seagulls. she wore a hat.....with a blue ribbon. a long dress.....with a blue and red flower. yel-yellow sandals, covered in sand. she was pretty. she was really pretty," eleven explained, billy nodding at her words as tears fell from his eyes and onto her cheeks. melissa listened and she herself was crying too.