Battle! Hau

"Professor, I have never seen Ash so serious before. Did something happen?" Mallow asked, a frown marring her face.

Kukui himself was intrigued and he had asked Ash himself. "Turns out, Ash gets serious whenever he enters top 10 in a league."

Kiawe was in deep thought "That's a side we never expected."

Kukui said "I never did too. Ash is a competitive battler, unlike us Alolans, the battles in Kanto are much more serious. Though I support it."

Sophocles was confused "Wait a minute. Ash has participated in leagues? I thought he participated in the Indigo Plataeu only."

Kukui had a proud smile "Yes, he was top 16 in Kanto. Then he was top 8 in Johto conference, Hoenn conference and Unova conference. He's also top 4 in Sinnoh conference and the runner up, or in second place in the Kalos league."

The class was absolutely shocked. They had never thought of Ash as that strong. Those were some achievements.

Lillie raised her hand "Professor, I have a question. Why isn't Ash with you?"

Kukui replied "Good question. He's training his Pokémon. He asked for privacy to train his team so nobody could leak his strategies and pokemon list."

Kiawe nodded with respect "That sounds right. Guess Ash can still surprise us."

Lana had an evil smirk "What if Ash is an abusive trainer and his Pikachu is actually a Mew in disguise?"

Everyone in the room shuddered at the thought. Lana stuck out her tongue "Kidding."

***

"And let's welcome our Kantonian Star Ash Ketchum!" The announcer shouted

"Let's win it all Pikachu." Ash said quietly to his electric mouse partner.

"Pika!" Pikachu said with a confident expression.

Ash walked down to the arena in the stadium, with Pikachu on his shoulder. He had a confident smirk on his face.

On the opposite side, Hau was smiling, with a determined face. He shouted over to Ash "Hey Ash, good luck! Let's not hold back."

Ash gave him a grin in return "You too. We'll give it our all!" And boy, Hau would surprised. Hell, everybody would be surprised by his strength.

"Challengers, please bring out your first pokemon." Kukui, as a referee said to them.

Ash nodded bringing out his first pokeball. Hau threw his capsule, bringing out his beloved starter, Decidueye.

"Cedueye!" Decidueye gave a cry. It was an impressive looking forest pokemon, towering well over Hau.

And Ash knew who he had to bring "Go Rowlet!"

Rowlet came out, not one ounce of sleepiness. Mallow was surprised "Wow, Rowlet's actually serious about this battle."

Kiawe nodded "His eyes have a fire that is burning hotter than the flame of Wela Volcano." Everyone present there sweat dropped hearing this.

"Battle, begin!" Kukui started.

"Let's start the battle! Rowlet, Razor leaf!" Ash commanded. Rowlet threw a 'V' barrage of razor sharped leaves at Decidueye.

"Decidueye, dodge and Razor leaf! Aim at Rowlet!" Hau commanded back.

"Rowlet, dodge it and up to the sky!" Ash said.

"Rowww!" Rowlet cried taking off to the sky.

Hau saw this and tried to command "Decidueye, follow it to the sky and use leaf blade!"