The Following

I decided to leave my parent's house with the rest of my clothes. I was gonna go straight back to campus but then I thought of the mall. I don't know why but I feel like going shopping. Some university clothes would be nice. I won't buy too much, maybe a couple of shirts and a pair pants. Oh, and socks I need socks.
I ride to the mall and park by the food court. It's so hot today. I quickly head inside. I like to walk around to see what I like. My stop is Charlotte Russe. The clothes there are really nice. I look around and decide to buy a nice sleeveless top. I feel like having ice cream. I'll stop by the ice cream shop after I stop at Forever 21. As I walk to Forever 21, I see Cole standing outside of the store. What is he doing here? I'm not going to call him. What if he's buying me a birthday present. But my birthday isn't for another two months. I'll just keep my eye him.... without him knowing. But I'm not spying on him or following him or anything like that. I walk past him not showing my face. I walk into the store, acting like I'm looking through my bag. He's on his phone. I shop like normal. But this time I buy a cute little hat that goes with my outfit. It will help with my disguise. I also buy some sunglasses and some stuff for a regular day. After I finished purchasing, I notice Cole talking to some girl. They are both smiling. A lot. He puts his arm around her and they start walking. I walk out of Forever 21 and put my new hat on. Okay now, I'm following. But I have a reason.
I keep my distance so it's not obvious that I'm following them. What is he doing? I can't believe this. They head inside the ice cream shop. Really? They're gonna ruin this place for me, if this is what I think it is. They finish ordering and take a seat. I didn't walk in until I saw that they had paid. I order a Rocky Road ice cream. I get 2 scoops so it lasts as long as they will be here. I pay and sit in a near by table. It's small place with like only 4 tables so it's not weird. "So what are you gonna get me for our anniversary?" The girl ask. Anniversary?! How long has he been doing this to me?! My heart is aching and slowly breaking. "It's a surprise. But I can assure you, you're gonna like it." Cole says. I another crack in my heart. I'm gonna text him. Casually.

Me: Hey
Cole: Hey babe
Me: Having fun with the guys?
Cole: Yeah we're just chilling on my dorm room
Lies! All lies!
Me: That's nice. I miss you!
Cole: I miss you too!
Me: Do you mind if I stop by? I think you have one of my bracelets.
Cole: Can't that wait babe? Is it that important? I don't think the guys would be comfortable with a girl here. Can't really be themselves.
"Who are you texting baby?" The girl says. "Just my roommate."Cole says. She just nods.
Me: I guess. I'll see you later then
Cole: I love you babe xx
Me: Love you too x

He lied to me! And he tried really hard for me not to go over to his dorm. He didn't want me to find out that he's not there. I look up from my phone and see my boyfriend of three years, kissing another girl. My heart has finally shattered. I try to hold in my tears, while finishing my ice cream. "Wow." I say outloud. Uh Oh. I didn't mean to talk. Luckily, he didn't recognize my voice. Maybe it's shaking as I'm trying not to cry. I finally finish my ice cream. Now I can get out of here. I quickly get out of my seat and harshly throw my cup away. I turn back to look at them and they are smiling at each other. Cole briefly looks up and looks at me. He furrows his eyebrows. I quickly turn around. I pull out my sunglasses from my Forever 21 bag. I put them on and walk out of the ice cream shop. I walk fast to get my car. When I get there, I completely break down. My eyes start watering and I start crying. Why would he do this? Am I not good enough for him? Is there something wrong with me? He told me he loved me! How long has this been going on? Who else knows about this? Was everything he said a lie? Why?! I try to wipe my tears so I can drive. I get a napkin and wipe my eyes. I turn my car on and start to drive back to campus.
I park in front of building and walk fast to get to my room. Right now, I'm glad that I don't have a roommate. I unlock my door and walk in. I flop on my bed. I'm crying like I've never cried before. He said he would never hurt me. I was stupid enough to believe him! Do I just act like I know nothing? No, I can't live normally knowing he's doing this. When he comes back for me, and lies to my face, I'll let him know. I'll have to break up with him too. He doesn't love me. If he did, he wouldn't do to this me. I'll be ready when he gets backs.

Hey guys. Sorry it's been a while since I last updated. I have another book I was writing for and school gets in the way. But I did this one for me. It's kinda short but a lot went on. This is a filler. She finally found out Cole is cheating. Next chapter is gonna be bigger and better. A lot of heartbreak and anger. Thanks for reading and voting! I'll keep trying to update more often. Summer is coming up which means more time to write. Just in time for you guys to read over the summer if you want. Have a wonderful day! :)
~Beth