Confrontation

Its been about two hours since I caught Cole cheating on me. I have been sitting on my bed this whole time just thinking about how I'm going to tell him. I have been crying, of course. I have spent 3 years with him and I don't even know how long he's been doing this! I open my eyes to see that it's evening. He's been out for so long. I just want to get this over with. I decide to take a quick shower to freshen up. I have my iPod plugged into my mini speaker. Listening to music gets my mind off of many things.

I get out of the shower and dry off. I check my phone to see if I got any messages. I got only one. From Cole.

Cole: Guys are gone. You can come over now beautiful. xx

Me: Okay

I get changed into some sweats and my boot slippers and put my hair up in a bun. I take my phone and keys to my room with me, then head out. I walk towards his dorm room, which is not that far from mine. I finally get to his room and knock on the door. It's a few seconds until Cole's roommate, Eric, answers the door. "Hi. Is Cole here?" I ask him. "Yeah, he just got here not too long ago actually." he answers. Confirmed. "Really? Do you know where he went?" I ask as I walk in. "No, not really. All I know is that he went out with a friend." he says. "Oh okay. Thanks Eric." I say. "No problem." He says back. Cole came out of the bathroom right after our conversation. He probably didn't hear anything. He never does. He sees me and smiles. He greets me with a hug. I don't hug him back though. When he releases me, he looks at me with a worried look. "What's wrong?" he asks me. "Cole, we need to talk." I say, with a monotone. I'm broken. "Okay... what about?" he says. He's acting really normal, like he hasn't done anything wrong. It's bothering me. "Us." I say. He looks taken back. "Umm.. okay." he says. "Why?" I ask him. "Why what?" he asks very confused. " Why are you cheating on me?" I ask again. "Why would you think I'm cheating on you?" He says back. "Because I saw you! I saw you with an another girl! I saw you kiss her!" I yell. "Babe, don't yell. You're making Eric uncomfortable. And I told you that I was here with the guys." He lies. "You're lying to me." I say a little softer to show that I'm hurt. "No. I'm not. Why don't you believe me?" He says. "Because I know that you're lying! I know the truth! You were at the mall with some girl! I saw you clear as day! I followed you to the ice cream shop! The ice cream shop we went to for my birthday last year! I saw you kiss her! I texted you and you lied to me! Eric told me you just got back! I trusted you!" I yell. I break down in tears filled with anger and disappointment. Cole looks down not being able to make eye contact with me. I can barely look at him. "I'm Sorry." He says. "I don't want an apology. I want to know how long you have been doing this!" I say. I'm getting angry. He doesn't answer. "How long Cole?! " I say again louder this time. "For about a year now." He says, still not making eye contact. A year?! "You have been doing this for a year!" I say. "I can't believe this! Everything you said to me was a lie! You didn't love me and don't love me now either." I say, realizing this as I say it. He finally looks up at me. "No. Everything I told you was true! I love you Autumn!" He says. I shake my head,"If you loved me, you wouldn't have done this to me." I say looking away from him. "But Autumn" he starts but I cut him off. "No Cole. It's over. I can't look at you. I don't want to see you. You hurt me, made me cry, made me angry, and now I have to walk away. There's isn't an us anymore. Good bye Cole." I say my final words and walk towards the door. Eric looks at me as I walk out. He gives me a sympathetic look. I quickly walk out and back to my room. It's over. It's actually over. Now it's just me.

Cole's POV

Autumn just broke up with me. I can't believe she did that. She seemed so angry, like she hates me. I think she does. I'm such an idiot. I can't believe this actually happening. It's all my fault. I should've just loved her and only her. "Man, What did you do?" Eric asks me. A few minutes after Autumn left. "I really screwed up. I cheated on her for about a year and she saw us at the mall today. I lied straight to her face. And now she's gone. I lost her." I say. He gives me a face that's somewhat sympathetic and somewhat saying that I shouldn't have done it. "Dude, Why?" He asks. "I don't know. I guess I just felt that I was missing something from Autumn. I was able to do it, so I did. I'm so stupid." I answer honestly. "Yeah. If you said loved her, you should've just stayed with her." He says. "I know. I've never seen her mad except when she would stand up to the bullies." I say. "She was bullied?" He asks, sounding surprised. "No, no. She was a people person, almost everyone loved her. She would stand up to the bullies that would pick on other people. She's a good person with a heart of gold." I say. He nods. "She sounds like a very good person. Does gold break? Because I'm pretty sure her heart is broken." He says. He's so deep. "You're right." I say. "Yeah. Did anyone find out about it before she did? Did you tell anyone?" He asks. Oh my gosh. Her friends. No, she's gonna be even more devastated. "Her friends saw me with the girl. They've known about it for a while now. They hate me too. If she finds out that they knew the whole time, she'll be crushed." I say to him. He nods. I put my head in my hands as I realize how much I screwed up.

Autumn and Cole (at the same time)

This has been the worst day of my life. The one I love is gone now. I guess this is it. It's really over.

Hey guys it's Beth. So this chapter is a little short but I didn't want you guys to wait so long. It was full drama and this is only the start. I finally got one hundred reads! Thank you so much! :) Comment to let me know what you think. It's gonna be an emotional rollercoaster for Autumn later. So keep reading to see what happens. Again thank you! Love

~Beth <3