Alone

Autumn's POV

  I feel so lonely. I just have to have someone to talk to about all of this. I'll call Summer, Brandon, Brooke and Skye. They'll come over. I can talk to them about anything. Yeah, I'll do that. I pick up my phone and call Summer. It rings a few times until she picked up. "Hey Autumn." I hear her say. "Hey Summer." I say. I can't help but sniffle as I try to hold back my tears. "Autumn, what's wrong?" She says. "Cole and I broke up. He was cheating on me." I say and break down into tears. "I'll get the girls and Brandon. We'll be over in a few minutes. Hang in there." She says frantically. "Okay." I say. That's all I can say. We hang up and I still sit here. Crying my eyes out. It wasn't long when I heard a knock on my door. I slowly get up and answer the door. I say Cole standing there with a face of regret. Why is he here? "Cole, why are you here? I'm not taking you back." I say with sadness in my voice as tears still stream down my face. He looks at me with sadness in his eyes. "Can we just talk?" He says. I shake my head. "Autumn please. There's something you should know." He says. "What could it possibly be?" I ask. "Let me in and I'll tell you." He says. I hesitate but let him in. I close the door behind him and then walk to my bed. "So what did you want to tell me?" I say, not looking at him. "Autumn, you're friends know." He says. "Of course they know. I told them." I say. "No, Autumn. They knew this whole time. They saw me with the other girl a while back. When we were at the pizza place, that's what we were hiding from you. They hate me just as much as you do." He says. They knew this whole time? And didn't tell me? "Cole, I don't hate you. I hate that I love you, but you, obviously, don't. I hate what you did to me. I don't hate you, I'm just really disappointed. I thought I could trust you to be faithful and stay true to your word. But that was a mistake I made." I say. I needed to say that. He looks down. "I'll deal with my friends on my own. I think you should leave. I'll drop off all your stuff soon. Goodbye, Cole. " I say, leading him out the door. "I'm sorry." He says. I look at him. I shake my head and close the door. I can't believe this. Maybe he's lying. He hasn't exactly been telling the truth.

There's a knock at the door. I walk towards the door and open it. "Autumn! We came as soon as we could!" Brooke says as she embraces me. They all join in for a group hug. I still haven't said anything to them. When they release me, they make their way in my dorm. "Okay so we brought all the break up essentials. The movie, the food, scissors, tissue boxes, and hug  pillows." Summer says, pulling everything out of her bag. "Well, don't just stand there, Autumn.  Say something." Skye says. "Is it true?" I ask. Their eyes go wide. "What?" Brandon asks. "That all of you knew Cole was cheating on me." I say a little louder. "Who told you that?" Summer asks. "Cole did. He said that all four of you saw him with the girl a while back. Is it true?" I ask again. They look at each other. "Why would you believe him? He, obviously, hasn't been telling the truth to you." Brooke says. "Just tell me a yes or a no." I say. "Are you really asking us this-" Summer starts. "Just tell me! Is it true or not?!" I say loudly. They're avoiding my question. "Guys, let's just tell her." I hear Brandon say. "Please." I add. "Okay, look. Yes, we did. We saw him with the girl a while back. We were gonna tell you but we didn't want to ruin your start of college. We all knew how long you have been waiting for this." Brandon explains to me. Finally, I get an answer. "How did that go for you?" I ask. "Not so well." Brandon answers. "I can't believe you didn't tell me! I have been going through the year completely oblivious to the fact that I was being cheated on! I must've looked like a fool to you! Someone you would feel pity for! I thought we would tell each other everything!?!" I yell, angrily. "Why are you so mad about this? If this happened to us, you would wait it out too!" Summer says. "No I wouldn't! If you were in the exact same situation as I was, I would tell you the day I found out about it! I would act like a friend and save you from embarrassment!" I say back. "You couldn't have possibly been embarrassed." Brooke says. "I was embarrassed! Finding out that the one you love is loving someone else behind your back while everyone else knew is embarrassing! How could you do that to me?!" I say. "We thought we were doing you favor! How can you be mad at us about that?" Summer says back. "How could I not?! I understand that you were trying to do something nice but you guys made me look like fool! How am I supposed to trust that you will tell the truth now? After what you did to me?!" I say. "We didn't do anything! Cole did it! We just didn't tell you!" Brooke says. "Exactly!" I yell. "Just go." I say more quiet. "What?" Skye asks. They all look at me surprised. "I said go." I say again. " Autumn, you can't jus—" Brandon starts but I cut him off. "No." I say. I walk to the door and open it. "I can't. Please just leave me alone right now." I say. They slowly walk out the door without saying anything.
Now, I'm completely by myself. My "friends" have betrayed and lied to me. I just can't believe they hide something like this from me. I can't talk to my parents about this stuff. They wouldn't understand. And they loved Cole. They thought we would last forever. I thought that too, but obviously that work out. I hate feeling this way. I hate feeling sorry for myself. It irritates me, which is another feeling I don't like to have.