Chapter 9: Anxious

A/N: Art by replica-luna on dA

Crying. There was so much whining and crying yet you weren't disturbed by the crying children. Here you are again, as a chicken holding a plate with a cupcake on it. 'Party.' Was all your programs could think. Your plastic body decided to ignore the children and collected the floating cupcakes. You fell down several platforms, but noticed a small opening on top of a giant, green wall.

"Toy Chica, come back!" cried a child in blue but you ignored him, not even the slightest guilt overwhelmed you. You landed over the opening in one jump and continued to bounce on top of the platforms to reach the same gray child. "Cheer up, kid! Let's party!" You greeted him and the same cake spawned in front of him, blocking your sight from the boy's depressed expression turning into a surprised/happy one.

You didn't jolt awake from the dream like last time. Instead, you woke up with a sore body and also very hungry. You groaned and slowly sat up from your bed, barely remembering last night's events. A vibration from your phone woke you from your sleepy state, making you check to see who it was. Alexander. You reread his texts which were frantic messages such as 'ARE YOU OKAY???' and 'DID SPRINGTRAP GET YOU PLS RESPOND' and then the last 'O wait, the attraction has v bad service, damn,'. Springtrap warned you to not even contact Alexander but it wasn't like he would know that you texted him, would he? It's not like he can sniff your fingers and admit that you were texting Alexander. If Springtrap even knew what texting was.

You:
I just woke up, chill

Alexander:
Wakey, wakey, big mistakey

You:
no

Alexander:
so did anything happen last night???

You:
well, nothing much happened, but i did end up meetin freddy and the mangled fox, but can i ask you a question? a phantom walked past by when i was hiding (don't ask) and I wasn't sure who it was, do you know who it is??

Alexander:
idk, is it phantom freddy?

You:
no, they sounded like they had two legs, freddy does the limp thing. The shadow sounded like it wasn't much in a hurry

Alexander:
I honestly dont know, maybe it's Chica or the puppet?? I'm kinda jealous/relieved that i never encountered your problems but pls do be careful, especially on night 5 because that's the hardest night 4 me and the fact that springtrap's more complicated with you makes it worse...

You:
I know, it sucks. But have you been gettin weird dreams about being animatronics throughout your job???

Alexander:
r u high omg

You:
ur hopeless

Alexander:
no i didn't but wanna meet up so we can talk about it? its better to explain in person rather than text, im getting a bit confused

You:
sorry, can't. i'm busy. after all, i was so busy with work that my house just looks so disorganized.

Without waiting for a response from him, you sighed and settled down your phone before rubbing your eyes. Your job confused you, it really did. A bi-polar animatronic, vivid dreams about being animatronics, phantoms, things that shouldn't be happening. What's next? Your boss sticking you in a furry suit when the place opens? That's when your phone buzzed once again, signaling that Yariel was calling you. 'Can I not get a break? Can I not eat a bowl of cereal and rethink my life choices?' You ended up answering with a groggy 'hello?'. It wasn't that you didn't care, but you didn't care at the moment. If that made any sense.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Mind coming over at the attraction for a second? We got something important to tell you when the place opens up next week!" Yariel hung up, making you heave out a heavy sigh. What did he mean by 'we'?

_______________________________________________

You stepped foot inside the horror attraction and noticed two new guys chatting with Yariel. Your boss noticed you and pointed at you, saying that you're the one he invited over. You realized one of the guys also had glasses, but with thin, black rims instead of the thick ones that Yariel had. He also had chestnut hair and hazel eyes, holding a toolbox awkwardly in his right hand. Next to him was a black-haired male who's hair was a bit spiky but short. He also had deep, chocolate eyes that looked at you with curiosity.

"Uh, hello, I'm (Y/N). The security guard that works the night shift," you greeted awkwardly, shaking hands with both guys.

"Name's Cristian, I'm known as the make-up artist, so the actors here can look pretty frikin' spooky." The man with the black hair announced, leaving the other one who looked freaked out and run away from this situation.

"I'm Javier, the mechanic who makes the suits for several actors," Javier looked upon the floor as if it caught his interest. Yariel nodded to both of them and smiled when looking at you.

"I'd asked you to come over because the place opens in about a week and we need a suit designed for you since all the spots were taken to be make-up actors and very few chose the suits." He ended the statement with a sad frown, as if it made you feel pity for him.

"Are there any suits in the back that are available?" You needed to know if there were any suits that were hidden. Maybe Springtrap was hiding something and you didn't realize it.

"There's a very withered (animal) suit in the back with Springtrap, whom being the main attraction here, but I'm not sure if it's safe. We found it very torn up next to a Bonnie suit, but we kept it because we need to preserve props and relics." You hummed in thought, pondering if picking the (animal) will be the right choice. Sure, it's your favorite animal, but didn't the phone guy mention something about spring locks in those suits killing people inside?

"Nevermind," you declined the offer.

"Aight'," Yariel turned to Javier and Cristian with determination in his brown eyes, "Get working."

"Wait-! Can it still be a (animal) suit?!" You paused them from exiting, making the two guys nod at each other in agreement.

"Sure, at least we don't need to worry about picking an animal," Javier filled in while Cristian crossed his arms.

"Don't worry, it ain't gonna be those disgusting costumes you see in stores," Cristian reassured you and both had exited the attraction, discussing the plan for the suit. Yariel was left with you.

"How were the nights?" Yariel finally spoke up, making your eye twitch.

"It was interesting..."

_________________________________________________

You were very anxious on your fourth night, that's why you brought your phone, despite having a poor connection in this place. You didn't want to meet the mysterious shadow, but what's the point? It's not like luck has been on your side since these few days you'd been here. You didn't feel threatened by Springtrap anymore, he felt more like an ally, but who knows if that'll change tonight. You fixed your clothes as you sat down on the office chair, staring at the toy animatronics in the box with a suspicious look. Were you going to dream about the rest of the toys in the box? The phone call didn't even start and you heard singing that was very close. It almost sounded like a pirate for some reason. There was one thought that was standing out:

'Why was the singing sounding like it's behind you?'