forty-five

chapter forty-five [ goodbye for now ]

chapter forty-five
[ goodbye for now ]

- 3 MONTHS LATER -

3 months later.

a lot has happened since that night at the mall. it took melissa a while to finally adapt that her father was gone and billy too. she blames herself for everything that happened.

the others constantly tell her it's not her fault. that there was nothing she could of done because she in fact was possessed too.

right now, she sits in the living room of the cabin her, eleven and hop all lived in.

and the others, they're outside, waiting in steve's car. they wanted to give her some space since the next day she, eleven and the byers were leaving.

"do you guys think she's okay?" max asked, looking over at will and eleven.

they both shrugged, having no idea if she was. melissa has been like this for the last 3 months. distant, quiet, always wants to stay in her room, lives in the cabin by herself although eleven lives with will and his mom and jonathan.

"i'll go talk to her." will said, opening the door but was stopped by steve.

"no, no, no. just leave her alone."

"what why?" the byers boy asked.

"because her dad just died. of course she's not going to be okay. she's hurting. look," steve opened the door and stood up, shutting it behind him, "i'll go check on her. you four stay here." he told max, will, mike and eleven.

the four teens watched as steve made his way into the cabin. steve stopped by the front door when he saw melissa sitting on the floor, holding a picture frame and a bunch of boxes around her.

"hey, asshat." steve said, making the girl laugh a little and turn her head.

steve frowned when he saw that she has been crying.

"you okay?" he asked, walking over to her.

"yeah, yeah," melissa said, wiping away her tears and standing up. she placed the photo in one of the boxes and picked it up, "everythings packed."

"you sure?"

melissa nodded and started walking toward the door but stopped, "wait, one more thing."