eight

With Soobin hand in hand with him, Hueningkai burst open his bedroom door, which revealed his two sisters.

"UGH! Why are you two always in the wrong place?"he started, annoyed.
"Not our fault Dad always buys you the best lip products, Kai, and by the way, who's that
cutie?" the taller of two, presumably the younger one said.

"Oh right, Soobin, these are my two sisters Lea and Bahiyyih." Soobin smiled and waved at them, causing the two of them to squeal and blush accordingly.
Hueningkai, though, was far from amused.
"Alright, get out of here and take cover for me. I seriously need to talk with him."

"We can see that," Lea mentioned. "Otherwise, he wouldn't be here. Also, sure we'll cover."
The two sisters walked out of HueningKai's room, Lea carrying out a set of Vaselines.

"I'll get it later, I really need to talk to you..." Kai said, starting to quiver in fear that he was going to cry. Soobin saw this and grabbed both of his hands while laying a soft kiss on his nose.
"Hey. It's going to be okay. Tell me in your own time, you know I won't rush you."
At these words, HueningKai stopped.

For exactly three seconds.

Then bitterly laughed to himself.

"Don't I? You're so different, so much better compared to him but I don't even know how I
trust you so much, I don't know if you're not like everyone else..." he looked up so that he and Soobin had eye contact.

"Soobin."
"Yes?"
"I-1 know you never asked but... d'you want to know the reason why I moved here?" Kai hesitated which led to Soobin nodding enthusiastically and cuddling him from the back.

It's okay, you can tell him.
It's okay, you can tell me.
He's not like him, after all.
We love each other, or at least I think we do, after all.

"Look. I really haven't told anyone this except a few people but I- well..
"Breathe, it's okay, I'm here for you." Soobin said, still hugging Kai and feeling a patch of tears grow on his chest. In all honesty, he didn't know what was making Hueningkai cry, but he was going to help him no matter what...
"For god's sake, I was abused, Soobin, by my ex." the younger one forced out through tears.

Everything was still for a few moments as Soobin made an attempt to understand what he had just heard. Of course, the amount of time he spent there wasn't going to change the reality.
"T-the worst part was my mother didn't believe me when I finally mustered up the courage to tell her. That was when she fully stopped talking to me and why she reacted so much when she took off the scarf. When I say I got abused, I don't mean he, well, put it in, he just left numerous marks on my neck, evidence." he let out, years after swearing to his awful mother to keep it a secret.

In all honesty, up until then, everything Kai had put out had been a facade, a suffocating mask, made up of lies and betrayal. But, at the moment, he saw
himself as a monster, someone that almost deserved it, undeserving, however, of the love and support his lover gave him.
Soobin, unaware of the sudden shift in emotion, was about to lift Kai's face to his, matching their auras, when the younger pushed away out of his grip.
"Soobin, I deserve this... solitude. I really don't know how you're able to cope but I- can't... do
this." Hueningkai whispered, now surrendering himself to the emotion he kept inside long
ago.

If heartbreak was real, Soobin knew exactly how it felt at that moment, trying to put the pieces together. Kai had already figured out the puzzle, however, and realised he was unable to play the part.

"What are you.... talking about?" Soobin said, not wanting to accept fate.
"Go. Leave."
"Kai-"
"Now, out."

He pestered no further, and after one tear-filled gaze at his eternal love, he left, leaving the younger to sob on the cold carpeted floor.

Hurt, confused, almost betrayed, Soobin went down the stairs of the house, he himself just minutes ago filled with the laughter of his lover, short-lived happiness. As he reached the bottom of the stairs, he saw Hueningkai's mother sitting down, phone in one hand, a large folded leather belt in the other.

"Oh, you're back." That dangerous smile. Paired with a sickly, disembodied voice. Soobin immediately sensed danger in her presence. Not for himself, however, but for the someone currently facing self-hatred upstairs.

"You'd better leave, try and go upstairs and I'll kill him. You know l'd do it."
He was frozen and he couldn't say anything because she was right, she would do it because she's that demented.
"Why...why are you doing this? He doesn't deserve you," Soobin commented, tears starting to fall freely on his own face. "You're insane."
"Either leave now so I can deal with him or watch him drown in cold blood. Your choice." She
whispered the last part, making it all the more traumatic.

Begrudgingly, he turned to the front door of the house.

Kai, I'm sorry.
Opening the door...
But I can't let her.
And finally closing it behind himself.

A whole minute. He stood on the curb for an entire minute waiting for something, anything to
prove that his decision was for the better. Then he heard it. The steps walking up the stairs, the banging of a door bouncing off the wall, and the loud pleads of a son begging for mercy. Kai's cries were knives to his heart, each one so powerful that it almost made Soobin keel over in regret.

BUZZ! His phone went off in his pocket and sure enough, it was his older brother wondering
where he was and if he was safe. After replying, he gave a final glance at the house and then set off into the night.

k this may not mean much for some ppl but 149 READS ON MY FIRST BOOK OMG??? thank you all so much! 😽