ten

It was so silent all you could hear was the sound of coffee being blended and bread being kneaded. The only people outside of the kitchens were Soobin, Hueningkai and Beomgyu.

As soon as Kai sat down, Soobin noticed all the bruises on his faces and cut marks that just
hadn't healed in time. It was all evidence, him sitting there was evidence, that just maybe he had made the right decision.

"I know," Kai said, breaking the silence. "I heard the whole conversation you had with her, and I was a fool to stay upstairs crying my eyes out."
There it was. That same state of shock he was in a few days ago returned.
"Kai. I didn't have a-"
"I know, you didn't want to see me killed. Not only that you knew she would do it because she's demented. It didn't matter anyway, god she left me bruises in places I never knew she could, she said you left me, I ran away trying to come here. I wanted to tell you everything, but I couldn't do it through text, so I'm here."
"You think I had a choice?" Soobin replied while dryly laughing. "Yes, I left because I didn't want you dead, because I know I can't bear being without you!"
"So why didn't you contact me afterwards? I thought she was telling the truth."

Silence. He didn't have any reason.

He saw tears quickly rising to Kai's eyes as he threw his head back and chuckled softly.
"Why am I even here? You don't even care enough about me..."
"Kai." Soobin had enough. "Kai, you cannot fathom how much I care about you. I cried so much when I got home that day, heck I even contemplated running back but Yeonjun had to hold me back. I dreaded going to school just because you weren't there and everyone noticed. I couldn't eat and I barely slept. Kai.."
He grabbed the sides of Hueningkai's tear-stained face with his hands and wiped them away with his thumbs.

"I'm not going to leave you again."

He withdrew his hands as Kai stood up, walked to where he was sitting and sat down next to him. Hueningkai then proceeded to wrap his arms around Soobins neck and leave a kiss on his cheek.
"Thank you. And I'm sorry."
Someone cleared their throat beside them and the two looked up to see Beomgyu, holding their food and smiling widely.
"Enjoy your food, you lovebirds," he giggled, placing down the meals.

The two boys walked towards the Choi house happier than ever and Soobin knocked the
door three times, revealing a disorientated looking Yeonjun.
"Hey, Jun are you okay, you look so tired-"
"Well, well, look at you all grown up," a menacing voice could be heard behind Yeonjun's back. As Soobin took a closer look at the figure, his body froze, and he immediately started to contemplate whether to run away or not. He couldn't be mistaken; broad soldiers, a careless glare.

It was his father, and he wasn't alone. Stood next to him was Hueningkai's mother, who looked ready to murder her son right then.

"Dad. Jun, why is he here?"
"Mom? How did you find this address?" The two adults looked at each other before the man
handed the mother a weapon, a gun. She aimed it at Yeonjun, then Soobin, and finally her son.
"Listen to me, boys," the man started.
"Soobin... I don't think I can put into words just how
sorry I am to you and your brother. I left for America because I was making good money, y'know? But a few months ago, the business collapsed and I barely have $1000 to my name."

What's going on? Why is everything moving so fast?

He walked towards the three boys, staring at his son.

"Soobin, I need you to come to America with me."

Two shots were heard and in an instant, Kai was knocked out onto the floor.