| CHAPTER 1 |

-February 1500

9 Months before Roger gets captured and executed

***

-South Blue, Baterilla

Two muscular men can be seen having a serious private conversation.

One of the individuals is Gold D. Roger, the current King of Pirates.

Roger was a tall and very muscular man. His most prominent physical features were his curved black mustache, a fierce grin he almost always wore, and his intense eyes. He also had thick black hair and a short, thick neck.

Like many other high-ranking pirates, he wore a long red captain's coat. Beneath his coat, he wore a blue shirt and had a yellow sash around his waist. He wore a white cravat around his neck, dark blue pants, and what appeared to be black sea boots. He also wore a pirate hat with his Jolly Roger on it over a yellow-spotted bandana.

The person standing in front of him is Monkey D. Garp, The Marine Hero. Garp is a tall, tanned, broad-chested, muscular middle-aged old man. He has a beard and a scar over his left eye. His eye color is white, and his hair is black with some white strains.

Garp is one of the only two vice admirals to have special shoulder pads; Garp is golden and blue. During the Battle of Edd War, Garp's had two black stripes on his epaulets, and during his appearance at Water 7, it increased to three stripes, and by the time of the Marineford War, it increased again to four stripes.

"Garp, my friend. Take this, I received it from 'that' place by the only woman who lived there" Roger initiated the conversation with Garp as he handed him a small rainbow marble and a beautiful blue pendant.

Their coats fluttered as the wind blew.

Garp was silent for a few seconds as he observed the beautiful strange marble and the pendant before asking back.

"The marble is...alive? Bwahahahaha, this is interesting Roger. Tell me the detail!"

After asking, he started picking his nose casually, clearly not taking this seriously but with his advanced observation haki, he sensed that this marble has consciousness or life in it.

"Huehahahahahah, here's the story. So, I..."

Thus Roger started explaining every detail which took a long time. Though the excitement in Garp only last for 5 minutes as Roger even included some unnecessary pieces of information.

The last words Roger said to Garp before bidding him farewell is,

"Please take care of my future 'Sons'. If my child in this marble is born then his name will be. 'Laugh D. Rhys'. His hometown is the final island, Laugh Tale. Huehahahahahaha"

'* *** ********** **** *** **** ** *** ****, Rhys' Roger thought with a nostalgic face.

***

-January 1st, 1502

The marble that the deceased Roger gave Garp has now gotten a lot bigger, it now has the size of two basketball. Due to it being too big to carry around without being suspicious, Garp decided to leave it at the pregnant 'Portgas D. Rougue's house.

Garp is now staying in front of Rouge's house as she's going to give birth soon as she has reached her limit of holding her child for 20 months. She's been able to accomplish this due to her strong will alone. Mom's will to protect her child can be considered to be when one's will is at its peak.

As Garp was looking at the distant sea and was in deep thought, a familiar shout from Rouge interrupted him.

"Sir Garp!"