S3 EP4 - The Proof

The JSA went to the Gambler's trailer after finding out about the attack on Sylvester.

Stargirl: Anything, Beth?

Dr. Mid-Nite: Nope. Nothing, like, at all. There isn't a single strand or drop of blood, as if someone wiped it clean since Sylvester was here.

Shiv: 'Cause someone probably did. Hey, whoever did this isn't stupid.

Wildcat: "Whoever" meaning you?

Shiv: If it were me, I wouldn't have let Sylvester live.

Nate: Not sure if that makes us trust you more or less. I think it balances out.

Shiv: I'm just being honest.

Dr. Mid-Nite: I think we've hit a dead end, Court.

Hourman: Again?

Beth's goggles started beeping.

Dr. Mid-Nite: Wait. I've got something. A single skin cell. It's got the goggles all worked up. I guess I almost missed it. It doesn't belong to Starman.

Stargirl: Then it belongs to whoever attacked him.

———

Nate sat in the Pit Stop as the recently returned Dr. McNider and Beth scan the skin cell.

Nate: Any luck yet?

Dr. McNider: The goggles are still scanning. Have some patience, Tennyson.

Nate: Bet it's been a long time since you've said that.

Ben: It probably has.

Nate looked over to see his dad enter the Pit Stop.

Nate: Dad, you're back.

He walked over to greet Ben.

Ben: Nate, I need you to keep an open mind.

The Pit Stop garage door started opening.

Nate: What do you mean?

The door opened all the way.

Nate: Keep an open mind for what?

Beth: Oh my god!

Nate looked over to see Vilgax standing in the hallway.

Nate: What the hell?!

Nate used the Ultimatrix.

Humungousaur: How dare you show up here after what you did!

Ben: Nate, don't!

Nate ran up to Vilgax and punched him away. Vilgax tried to get up but Nate landed next to him and punched him back to the ground and his green eyes flickered with mana. He continued punching him until he was stopped by Ben grabbing his fist.