001

kazuha doesn't know what time it is, and frankly, he doesn't care. he was in his last year of university. surely, no one would mind if he missed a class.. or five.

he hates the sound of rain falling on the windows of his apartment, even though he usually loved it. he hates the irritating buzzing that continues to emit from his phone, he hates how he can't dig up a reason as to why you left him and most of all, he hates the world for not giving him more time with you.

but not you. god, he could never hate you.

he knows you would never willingly do so, but no matter how many times you break his heart to tiny little pieces, or tell him how much you despise him, his stubborn heart would still find it's way back to you. it was only ever yours to break anyway.

kazuha will blame every single thing teyvat for his sadness, but never you.

so he mopes, and he mopes, and he mopes more. wasting away the rest of his horrible wednesday curled up in his bed. he cries once or twice, but it's only natural.

after all, in the far future you'll be nothing but a distant memory to him. and even though he desperately wants to, he will never be able to stop the will of time. time is cruel to humans.

the boy still doesn't know what time it is when he hears a faint knock on the door, but he guesses it's late at night due to the lack of sunlight emitting from under his curtains.

his ears perk up when he recognizes those knocks, and he shoots out of bed and rushes to the door in a frenzy.

it opens, and its you.

your eyes are glossy, as if you've been crying. and you look like you're trying your best to catch your breath from running. and even though you were all this, you were still the prettiest girl in the world to him. just a little sweaty, and a little intoxicated.

and if there was one thing he learned from all of his life of knowing you, you were not a crier.

you fling yourself at him, throwing your arms around his waist and kazuha doesn't hesitate for one second to do the same to you.

he doesn't have time to try and soothe you by raking his hands through your hair, when you interrupt his actions.

"i love you!" you sob, unable to stop the tears that spill from your eyes as you said so. "i love you, i love you, i love you so much."

"then come back to me." he airily pleads, crumbling at the way you cry.

"can't." you tremble, holding him tighter.

oh, right.

kazuha could smell the scent of alcohol ever since he neared the door. you didnt mean it, you didnt mean any of this.

because after all, you had made it very clear to him the other day that you no longer had any ounce of love left in your heart for him.

his heart yells at him to stop when he loosens his grip on you, sighing deeply and blinking away the tears that wouldn't stop forming in his eyes. of course, he failed and the tears just kept falling.

"go home. i'll call you a cab."

your eyes widened and as you tearily begged him to let you stay, he stayed silent, his puffy eyes glued to the floor in his inability to look at you.

this was always how it had been, he had always been so weak for you. you had always been so weak for eachother.

and as your cries died down and he was finally able to look you in the eye, it hit him.

kaedehara kazuha would never truly be over you.