007

slap

"why do you never listen?!" your mother yells, and you can do nothing but hold your cheek as it stung in pain. not even let the tears flow from your eyes.

"you have done nothing for me or this family compared to what your siblings have accomplished." she continues her rant, so furious that smoke was basically fuming from her ears.

"but-"

slap

"don't you understand??! ha, i let your incompetence slide when you were a student but you're an adult now. this engagement is the bare minimum of what you should be doing for the family." she points at you, seething at the way you look the other way blankly as if she wasn't even there at all.

she lets out a small yell of frustration, then slams her fist onto the desk of her office before turning her unwanted attention back to you.

"you will leave that kaedehara boy, understand? you know of the consequences if this goes on."

you can only nod.

you can feel your mother glare at you from her spot standing infront of you, before she ultimately grabs her things and leaves the office with you in it.

that's when you shoot up from bed, your hands frantically reaching to touch your cheeks to confirm everything was a dream.

'it was a nightmare.' you convince yourself, doing your absolute best to calm yourself down with deep breaths as you begun to feel more and more of a headache the more you started coming to your senses.

it may have been a nightmare, but it doesn't hurt less knowing the fact that it was a memory that the world was cruel enough to let replay in the most vivid way possible. you weren't to ever wake up one day to a pair of loving parents.

you barely hear any shuffling of the duvet before a pair of arms are draped around your neck and kazuha's scent completely engulfs you.

it's when you feel his pointy nose press your nape that you regain memories of the previous night, wherein you foolishly showed up to his apartment for the second time since you left him, professed your undying love for him again and somehow ended up in his arms at the end of the night.

your expression slowly morphs from a panicked one into a flustered one, torn between being completely and utterly embarrassed for your drunken actions the night before, or being embarrassed about your lover groggily breathing into your nape.

kazuha mumbles something along the lines of "come back to bed.", effectively hypnotizing you with the mellow tone of his voice into complying to his order.

but as if it were on the mission to ruin the moment, your phone rings, leading kazuha to slowly peel his body off of yours as you somewhat irritably picked up your device from the bedside table.

incoming call -  gorou