three

(Michael's POV)

(few weeks after the first day)

In the morning, there was less sunlight streaming through the classroom window. I was doodling on a piece of lined paper for no particular reason other than boredom. I was drawing things that came to my mind at first, but then I stopped for a long second.

The doodle I had drawn looked almost identical to Jeremy, so I glanced over to the side and found Jeremy sitting right next to me. "Whatcha' drawing, Mike?" He questioned.

I had an urge to say, 'nothing', but I couldn't slip it out, "Uh, um you." I quietly admitted as my heart pounded.
His bright yellows sparkled a little, "

"Really?" Jeremy snatched the paper out of my hand and examined the drawings, he softly smiled.

"Y-you can keep them if you want, even though there are some random doodles." I chuckled a little.

Jeremy folded the paper, "I'll keep it! It's a really good and cute drawing anyway."
Blush spread across my face and I shrugged. Not many people like to compliment my artwork, I was even surprised that Jeremy didn't find the drawings weird or odd.

Jeremy asked, "You gonna come to hang out with me at lunch again?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I mean you're my only friend anyway."

The bell rang, and I grabbed my belongings to get ready for my next class. Right before I left the classroom, my arm was tugged making me stop in my paths ahead.

I turned over to see Jeremy once again,
"Michael, I also have a gift for you before you leave." He smiled.

"Huh?" Then, I was pulled in with arms around my back, Jeremy's head on my shoulder. I was getting hugged. I chose one option and one option only, to hug him back. I grinned and closed my eyes for a little.

We let go from the hug and my hands clasped together, "I have to go now. See you later."

Jeremy replied, "See ya'."

As I got to class, my heart rushed as myIandheld my chest a little. Something about me felt different.

(Timeskip again, before lunch ended)

As Jeremy waited for me, I threw out my trash in the trash bin, so we could walk to class together.

We began to step away from the table, "Hey, Mike!" Jeremy spoke.

"Yeah, need something?" I asked.

"Are you available sometime tomorrow?" He questioned as he walked along with me.

I nodded, "Uh, yeah! Do you want to hang out with me or something?"

"Yes! Wasn't that kind of obvious?"

I giggled, "Well, I'm clearly stupid then." Jeremy laughed along with me.

"Don't call yourself stupid! You literally have so much better grades than me!" He wiped a tear from his eye.

I grinned, "That doesn't mean that I'm either, you know."

Jeremy passed by his classroom, "Welp, gotta go. See you tomorrow."

I waved as my stomach twisted slightly and my heart fluttered. Something still felt different about me and Jeremy.

(502 words)
sorry if this took a while! school is almost out, so I will be able to write the next chapter sooner! you are loved <3