✿06

The bell rang for closing as everyone scurried out of the class, I didn't feel like going home earlier, so I waited a bit in class while everyone scooted out. Kayden stood up, purposely brushing my shoulder with his hand as I shot him a sharp scrutinizing gaze while he smirked in return then gave me a wink.

I almost blushed, staring at him, thank God I had rolled my eyes and looked down at my book, after realizing he was out of class. I suddenly remembered that I'm supposed to say a 'Thank you,' to the girl who risked reporting Athena and her friends.

Honestly, she should have kept her mouth shut… I had a bad feeling those nasty girls won't let her go scot-free.

I scanned the entire class with my eyes and noticed she wasn't in class, so, I stood up packed my books into my bag, and headed out of the classroom.

Likewise, I decided to have some little exercise to myself, wondering where the basketball court was as I started walking, glancing everywhere as the school began to get quiet and empty.

Finally, I found the basketball courtroom which was large and cool, everywhere was empty, I walked in quietly and dropped my bag on the nearest seat I could reach.

Smoothening my hair properly with my hands, I walked closer to the ball on the ground at one corner of the courtroom, I approached closer when I heard someone groaning.

I stood still wondering if I wasn't hearing things and heard the groaning sound again, and it was coming from the direction of the corner of the courtroom as I found myself slowly walking towards the place covered with a curtain.

I sneak a peek, through the curtain and gasped, immediately covering my mouth with my hands.

There was Athena and her friends surrounding the girl who had reported them in class earlier as they made her knee to the ground, the blonde girl holding her hair tightly as the girl winced in pain, while Athena stood in her front with widened legs and both hands positioned on her waist.

“Next time Paris, you'll learn to mind your business and keep that mouth of yours shut and try to mind what doesn't concern you,” Athena smirked, and a jaw ripping slap landed on the poor girl's face as she tried to lower her face, but her hair was dragged down almost ripped off from her skull by that crazy blonde girl as she groaned closing her eyes and attempting to endure the pains while she began sobbing.

She whimpered and quavered, trembling at the sight of Athena, like she was a goddess punishing her disobedient servant.

I got angry and wanted to jump in there and give her the beating Athena never received in her life, but I thought otherwise that it might lead to other consequences.

“Let's go, I think that's enough,” One of Athena's friends suggested as Athena scoffed, placing her hands back on her waist and smiled triumphantly at the weak girl kneeling on the ground.

“There won't be any next time if you misbehave, don't think because we let you alone doesn't mean you should go messing around,” Athena warned the poor girl poking her forehead with her finger as a sly smirk crept on her face.

“Let's go!” Athena announced, and my heart jumped wondering where I was to run to without getting caught, luckily for me, they passed the other way while the girl lay on the floor and began to sob.

After, standing there watching her cry with my hands clenched tightly by my side for some minutes, I decided to walk up to her.

“Hey!” I called softly, squatting down to her level as she raised her face and looked at me while I noticed her lips had a cut already.

I glanced at the ground and saw her glasses on the floor and helped her pick them up.

She cleaned her tears and tried to stand up as I supported her up immediately and gave her glasses.

“Thank you,” She muttered, smiling sadly as she wore her glasses and adjusted the frame on the bridge of her nose.

We left the corner and walked into the main courtroom.

“I'm sorry about what they did to you,” I told her truthfully, even though I should have shown up and helped her… It would have only worsened the matter.

“It's fine,” She nodded with tight lips and began walking away.

“Hey,” I called after her as she stopped in her tracks.

“Do you mind if I escort you home?” I asked her, knowing at least I should do that for her.

“Nope, thank you,” She muttered quietly with a thin smile and began walking to the entrance of the courtroom wobbly, while I just stood there staring at her fragile state.
~~
I picked the basketball in annoyance and threw it in the net as it came bouncing on the floor immediately while I caught it, still thinking about how hurt that girl was and why I didn't insist on following her home.

That's how bad, and poor, I am in social skills…

I just didn't want to force her into anything with what just happened to her.

I sighed throwing the ball on the ground as it bounced while I hopped after it, hitting my palm on the ball making it touch the ground before it bounced up, and I caught it with my palm then threw it into the net jumping very high.

“Bravo!” I heard a deep voice say behind me with a clap as I turned around to see who it was while I panted slightly.

And there was Kayden, his arms crossed over his chest while staring at me amused, before he started taking steps closer to me.

“Didn't know you play basketball, with your height?” He teased while I rolled my eyes at him as he made jest of my short height compared to his.

'What the hell was he looking for here?' I thought gazing at him suspiciously when he got closer to me standing a few feet away from me as we stared into each other eyes getting immersed in its captivity.

I walked closer to him, ball in my hands as I threw it to him while he swiftly caught it with a smirk as he raised a brow at me.

“Want to play with me?” He asked tauntingly, while I rolled my eyes and walked past him.

“No, keep the ball… I don't want your girlfriend to murder me in my sleep,” I uttered, turning around to face him while his face fell, and I was the one now smirking at him.

I turned around back and grabbed my bag and made my way out of the basketball courtroom.

“Wait!”