✿08

“Me?” I anxiously asked the P. E teacher, while every other eye was fixed on me.

“Yes, you!” He confirmed, I swallowed the lump in my throat when I turned my gaze to Kayden who was staring at me, with a slight smirk on his face.

“She?” Athena asked annoyingly as she glared at me.

“Yes, do you have a problem with it?” The young man asked her while she sneered at him.

“She can't even barely meet with Kayden,” Athena scoffed, shifting her gaze to mine while I frowned at her.

“We will know when she races with him,” The man, who seemed not to be interested in what she was saying anymore, replied curtly.

Athena huffed and started walking closer to me, I didn't move from my spot, ready for any crazy attitude she was about to display.

“You!” She started pointing her finger toward me while I jeered at her.

'Crazy bitch!' I thought, knowing, she would be telling me not to get to her boyfriend.

“I see you are trying in every possible way to get closer to Kayden, but let me tell you one thing,” She seethed moving closer to me, I didn't even move an inch from my spot, letting her know she wasn't intimidating enough for my taste.

“He has eyes only for me and me alone,” She smirked, while I found myself laughing slightly at what she said.

“Calm down! I'm not interested in your grotesque boyfriend, so, be at rest,” I rolled my eyes then started walking and purposely bumping her shoulder out of my way, leaving her speechless, I smirked as Kayden started making his way towards me.

“You! Wench,” She uttered shockingly behind me.

“Athena!” The teacher called her, I glanced over my shoulder and saw her walking annoyingly toward the teacher.

“Partner, I guess,” Kayden teased when he got closer to me.

“Rivals, you mean,” I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him when the whistle got blown, signifying for everyone to get ready.

The race started, and it was my turn with Kayden to run.

We got on the running track and waited patiently for the signal to show up before we make our move.

“Ready!”

'Jade! You can do this,' I breathed out as my palms felt sweaty all of a sudden.

“Go!”

I found myself scooting off, I heard loud echoes and cheers of Kayden's name, and for a moment, I thought he was way ahead of me.

I glanced over my shoulder and noticed he was behind me, he winked at me, and he doesn't look like he was putting his strength in the race.

He was jogging…

I faced my front immediately and put more speed into my race.

'Kayden! Kayden!!'

'Kayden, run faster!' I heard some students shout while I snit.

I got closer to the finishing line and put in more speed until I crossed the final lapse and bent, placing my hands on my knees then breathed out while everyone became silent for a while, then suddenly they began clapping for me.

Likewise, I panted slightly and stood up erect to see Kayden behind me while he smiled at me.

“Congrats,” He mouthed at me while I stared at him bewildered.