✿10

“These books!” I groaned annoyingly trying to arrange the mess I created in my locker. It was break time, and I tried to act like everything is going well, when it's not.

The pains in my ankle has subsided, and I'm able to walk smoothly without wincing by placing my right foot on the ground.

Still, fighting with my scattered books in my locker, I heard some girls talking besides me.

“Do you hear about the house party Brandon is hosting soon?” One of them said.

“Yeah! I'm so excited about it,”

“Kayden will be there too, it's just bad his tigress girlfriend will be around,” The second girl muttered.

I stopped with what I was doing immediately hearing on the mention of a party and Athena being referred to as the tigress girlfriend.

'Hmm! A house party!' I thought and suddenly smirk.

I will make sure Athena is going to take back on here words, I'm not a social personin fact, I never attended a party before in my life, maybe it's time for me to crawl out of my cage a bit.

Furthermore, I coughed out loud and walked closer to the two girls who were engrossed with what they're saying, I leaned on the side of their locker and crossed my hands over my chest.

“Hi!” I greeted them, the girl with sandy blonde hair face lit up as she stared with a warm smile.

“Hi!” The other girl with wavy chestnut hair greeted back.

“Uhm!” I started, this was my first time trying to converse with people approaching them first, so, I find it awkward.

“I heard you two talking about a house party that will be hosted by Br-Bran,” I attempted to recollect the name of the person they mentioned earlier.

“Brandon,” The girl with sandy blonde hair helped me out.

“Yeah!” I smiled at her.

“You want to attend, right?” The girl with wavy chestnut hair chimes in while I nodded nervously.

“That's great!” The girl with sandy blonde hair and bright blue eyes chirped.

'Nice! This is time to shut Athena's pride off, she's not going scot-free with that nonsense she spurts out of her mouth,' I huffed.

“So, how do I get there and what time?” I asked the girls as they glanced at each other and smiled to themselves and smiled before turning their gaze to me and got closer to me.

“I'm coming!” The girl with wavy chestnut hair said as she opened her locker and brought out a card.

She gave me an invitation card, with the inscription of a night house party, and it was going to take place in the next two days, with other features that will take place during the night party.

I flipped the card to the back and saw a description.

“That's it!” The girl with sandy blonde hair indicated, pointing her finger to the card.

“Yeah! Thanks,” I muttered with a slight nod.

“By the way, I'm Ivy and this is Ariana,” The girl with wavy chestnut hair introduced herself with her friend as they beamed at me.

'Maybe it's a pleasure to speak with the right people at times,' I thought, staring at the two girls.

“I'm Jade!” I introduced myself as I glanced down.

“Woah! What a cute name,” Ivy chirped, moving closer to me and touched my arm while I smiled nervously at her.

“Nice to meet you, Jade!” Ariana reverenced.

“Okay Jade, we will get going now, we'll see you at the party,” Ivy notified while I nodded accepting.

“Bye!” I waved at them, as they waved back at me and began walking away.

I heaved out, not knowing I had been holding my breath for a while.

Likewise, I stared at the card in between my fingers with a mischievous smirk plastered on my face and walked back to my locker.

I hid the card between my English textbook and locked my locker then turned around, and made my way to the canteen.

After collecting a bowl of spaghetti and a smoothie, I turned around and scrutinized my gaze in the canteen filled with noisy students, I found a spot at the back which was empty and began making my way towards there.

I sighed and placed my bowl of pasta with smoothie gently on the table and drew out the chair quietly and sat down.

I started digging into my pasta without taking notice of my surroundings, suddenly I heard a peak of laughter erupting in the canteen.

Likewise, I looked at them, after putting the fork accompanied by spicy pasta in my mouth, and looked up.

I saw Athena and her gangs giggling, then there was Kayden and his friends there too who were laughing, I wondered what the joke was about.

Furthermore, I shook my head at their nuisance and thought of concentrating on my plate of pasta, but I couldn't.

So, I secretly watched them as Athena stood up suddenly, and I gaze down immediately, I thought she was coming to me, I looked up again and saw that she was seating on Kayden's lap.

I watched how Kayden snaked his hands around Athena's waist and drew her closer to himself as she cackled, while I scoffed slightly and stabbed my pasta and twirl them round my fork and brought it up and parted my lips slightly.

I looked towards Kayden and Athena again and saw that Kayden was staring in my direction, and I nervously put the fork into my mouth as he smiled.

'Is he smiling at me?' I thought to myself as I batted my lashes and dragged my gaze away from him awkwardly and removed the fork from my mouth.

I gaze back to his way and saw that he was staring at me and this time intensely, as a cocky smirk appeared on his lips and I uncouthly pulled my gaze away.

'Okay! He's staring at me,' I confirmed and grabbed my smoothie and sipped it through the straw.

I placed my smoothie back on the table and focused back to my bowl of pasta and began twirling my fork around into it.