Cold Eyes.

They say that in the moments before your death you remember things - you see things.

You say things as well - and the people around you hope to God it's just the death talking.

~~~

As fast as it went black, my eyes started felt a weight as they opened. the bright white light of everything in the room took a second to adjust to.

A second later, a medical officer wearing all white walked in.

"I'm Dr. McCoy," he said as he shone a small light at my pupils. "But you can call me Bones."

I didn't say anything, I kind of just nodded.

"Can you tell me your name?" he asked, tapping numbers and letters away into his tablet.

"Lucy," I said. "Lucy Reynolds."

"Well Lucy," he said as he tapped one final button. "You seem to have the luck of the red shirts!"

I laughed a little, but it was kinda hard to move.

"Do you remember what happened?" he asked, this time sitting on a chair.

It all flashed back at me - the screams, the flying glass - my mistake.

"I forgot to- there was an explosion- glass shards," was all I really managed to say.

"Well I guess I'll leave you be for now. If you need anything, just call for a nurse," he said.

He got up, pushed the chair back and the wheels squeaked as they always do.

- - - -

"Her name is Jennifer, not Lucy," I said to Cristina.

"Temporary memory loss?" she replied. "Its not uncommon is cases this severe."

"Good," I affirmed, "Course of treatment?"

"We should definitely keep her here until her memory is restored. Monitor her condition. Antibiotics. Repeat Scans and Neuro checks. Chemotherapy."

"Chemotherapy?" I questioned back at her.

Chemotherapy hadn't been used since the twenty second century, old practice.

"The patient is at risk for developing tumours as the radiation from the nuclear blast on the engineering deck may be carcinogenic."

"Pending our investigation of course," I teased back.

"Yes sir," she said jokingly.

I gave a go ahead nod to my resident. Paperwork had to be completed, and I trust her.

Short chap but hey it's something. sorry for leaving you all in the dark. Ttyl