chapter 06.

in the meantime, half a year has passed since you last saw sae, and a lot has happened in that time, such as ryusei getting his graduation and leaving the school — as sae should have done, but he hasn't come since that one day, and you're still thinking about it til today.

"what are you going to wear tomorrow?" hinata moves closer and closer to you, twitching her eyebrows, pecking you with her elbow.

"i'm not coming" you look down, continuing to chew your gum.

shocked, she turns her entire body in your direction. "what do you mean you're not coming tomorrow?," she still can't believe it. "just because of this stupid drug addict you don't want to come to the prom?" she looks at you indignantly, not having thought about her words.

reproachfully, you turn your head in her direction. "he doesn't take drugs. how many times do i have to tell you?" you become louder and louder at the end of the sentence.

defending him, even though you don't know what's true yourself.

"i'm sorry, y/n. i don't want you to miss out on your fun because of some guy you don't even really know. it's been a while since he changed schools or left, whatever. get over it." she puts her hand gently on your shoulder.

"you're right," you continue looking down.

the last half year without him was the hardest for you. because of him, you had to go through so much.

he ignored you for so long, but it didn't help. he even broke off school, just so everything would calm down again, but it only got worse.

"after school we'll go buy you a dress, okay?" smiles hinata, leaning forward slightly to get a better look at your face.

the loud sound of the school bell rings out across the schoolyard and a quick glance at your phone tells you that you now have biology.

"i have to go. i have bio in room 367 now," you say goodbye to her and get up from the park bench.

like some of the students, you hurry into the big building while the others have school off or a free period.

gasping for air, you open the door. hurry to your seat and take out all your work materials, placing them carefully on your desk.

"why do you have your things with you? it's the last day anyway." your sitting neighbor rensuke speaks to you.

skillfully ignoring him, you watch the teacher who just walks into the classroom.

"since today will be your last day at this school, we won't be doing much. however, i'd like to watch this movie with you and discuss all the topics we've covered so far." she holds up a movie with a smile.

while she is busy turning it on, which seems to take time and the students have calmed down in front of friends, rensuke starts talking to you again.

"where is that guy anyway?" he raises an eyebrow.

but you continue to pay him no attention.

"y/n, i mean the one there.. you know.. your friend, the drug addict" he grins provocatively at you.

suddenly you angrily turn your head in his direction. "he doesn't do drugs and he's not my friend" you raise your voice, which gets the attention of the other students as well.

"he probably died of an overdose" one of his friends laughs throughout the class.

packing your things you stand up, not wanting to stay here a minute longer.

rensuke turns his smile from his colleague back to you, checking you out from top to bottom.

"you disgust me!" you kick him in the shin, throw your bag over your shoulder and hurriedly leave the classroom.

the teacher throws a glance after you, wants to call for you, but you're already running down the stairs. with glazed eyes you storm down the stairs, almost tripping because of it.

it's all because of tamaki's jealousy.

she told the whole school that sae takes drugs and lied that you slept with him. the rumors spread more and more and even changed. some said that you also took drugs and still do — of course, at some point the school administration got wind of it and reported everything to your parents and they did a drug + alcohol test with you.

even if it was negative, your parents didn't believe you and forbade you to have any contact with others.

with force you close your locker again, see rin from far away.

you run towards him with big steps, still thinking about turning around, but it's too late, because he has already seen you coming.

"what?" he also closes his locker, but less violently.

"where is sae?" you ask, totally upset.

"not your business, little one," he replies cheekily, pushing you aside.

"rin, i have to see him.." your eyes fill with tears.

but he continues to ignore you, walks past you.

you pick him up, push him against the lockers and look deep into his eyes. a few months ago you were very afraid of him and now you push him violently against one of the lockers, huh?

rin looks down at you, only now noticing that you are crying. rolling his eyes in annoyance, he sighs.

"y/n, i don't know where he is. i haven't heard from him since he left school. either he's working or he's still dealing drugs," he gives you a gentle hug and walks away after. just when you think he's gone, he turns to you again. "if you see him again, tell him to contact me" he turns back around and leaves the building.