Chapter 5

During the break, Simon looked for a quiet place in the library. Since he was pretty much alone, he could just sit there and read. He had picked up a Shakespeare and was leafing through the lyrics.

Simon was engrossed when in the pages when he suddenly heard a familiar voice: "What are you reading there?" Wilhelm asked quietly and looked at him curiously.

Simon lifted his head, turned the book and showed Wilhem the inscribed bookcover. "Shakespear" a smile crossed Wilhelm's lips. 

Simon was glad that he was sitting so securely in the armchair. He had the support he needed now, because Wilhelm's smile and his voice made his knees weak. There was a brief silence. Wilhelm took a deep breath: "How are you? How was your christmas?" "Very nice. My father was there this time but Sara didn't like it at all but she tried. My mother baked and cooked a lot. She's just the best at it. What about you?" Simon asked looking at Wilhelm. 

He sighed, "What do you think?" he sasked and paused. Simon bowed his head and stared at the letters in his book. "I missed you. A lot." whispered Wilhelm. His glowing gaze touched Simon's face. Simon closed his eyes briefly and lowered his head. Wilhelm's words hit him. 

"It hurts me too, Simon. I don't know what to do. I feel trapped, I want to get out of this cage." Wilhelm admitted to Simon. "What do you want to hear from me?" asked Simon and looked at Wilhelm. "What should I do? Tell me what do do!" "You don't know what you want and you hide behind your obligations!" Wilhelm turned his head to the side and crossed his arms in front of his chest. Before he could say anything, Simon interrupted him. "You openly said it wasn't you in the Video! You made a secret of our relationship! You lied and betrayed me!"

Wilhelm lowered his head and continued to stand there stiffly with his armes crossed in front of his chest. "I'm sorry." His chin trembled. "How can I trust you or belive what you say?" Wilhelm took a deep breath again. He was about to have another panic attack. Simon got up before the school bell rang. He grabbed his backpack, tucked Shakespear under his arm and reached for his water bottle on the table: "I can't go through all of that again. I don't want to either."

With these words he ran straight past Wilhelm and turned the next courner with a wildly pounding heart.