8

As Seonghwa's walking to class the next day, he nervously texts Yunho on his phone. The friend group hadn't heard much from him since yesterday, and it's been eating Seonghwa up inside.

Yunho finally came online minutes ago to assure everyone that he's fine and that he's just resting plenty. He sends a picture of himself posing with his hand wrapped in bandages in a sling, giving a sideways smile.

Seonghwa sighs out of relief when he sees the picture, but he can't help but notice that Yunho's eyes seemed red and puffy. He must have been crying again and that breaks Seonghwa's heart.

He slides his phone back into his pocket and walks through the hallways of the building, heart dropping when he sees her again. He looks away quickly, hoping she doesn't notice him walking past.

As he's speeding past her, he freezes when he hears his name being called.

"Seonghwa! I can recognise the smell of that perfume anywhere!"

He gets a shiver down his spine and turns around with an awkward smile. "Oh hey Haerin, I didn't notice you there," he utters, trying not to let the edge in his voice show. "Well now that we're together, let's go to the next class together too," she excitedly hops.

Seonghwa smiles, a little disappointed that he can't avoid sitting beside her today.

As they're walking, he shakes his head to himself. No, he shouldn't be thinking like this about someone. It's incredibly rude of him and he feels bad for trying to avoid her like this. She's his friend after all, he should be going out of his way to meet her.

They sit beside each other in class, and Seonghwa is left wondering if he's the only one who finds this small talk uncomfortable. But the bright smile on her face is enough to keep him going. She deserves at least something back, even though she's done and said some questionable things. Maybe she's simply going through a rough time right now.

The class ends quickly and the two of them leave the room together.

"Come over to my house today, we can have dinner after doing homework together!" Haerin offers. Seonghwa smiles and thinks about any excuse to give. He doesn't get a good feeling in his gut at the thought of going to her house alone.

"Sorry, he has plans already."

Both Haerin and Seonghwa turn to the familiar voice and Seonghwa's face lights up when he sees Yeosang behind him.

"What plans?" she wonders, betrayal laced into her tone.

"Seonghwa is coming over to my house," is all Yeosang answers with, purposely keeping his answer short and vague.

Before the girl can protest more, Yeosang speeds away, forcing Seonghwa to stumble behind. Once they're far enough, Yeosang sighs. "What was that about? We never made previous plans," Seonghwa whispers to Yeosang.

"Yeah, but I could tell you didn't want to go to hers. I happened to catch your expression while I was waiting for you outside the classroom. You're an open book, you know that?" Yeosang giggles lightly.

Seonghwa blushes and looks away. "It's not like that..." he mumbles, feeling more guilty after his true feelings were said out loud.

"Why don't we pay Yunho a visit after classes today then? While you were in class he texted saying we can come if we want. Plus, that way you'll have a real excuse to stay away from Haerin's house."

Seonghwa relaxes and smiles. "That sounds like a good idea. Let's buy snacks for him," he suggests. Yeosang agrees and the men happily make their way to the shop together, unaware of the lurking presence behind them that heard every single word.

Seonghwa, Yeosang and San stand in front of Yunho's house with bags in their hands after knocking. They know Yunho will recover fine by himself, he's a strong man. But they also know that he's cried too much recently and this doesn't sit right with them. They need to see his smile again.

Yunho opens the door shortly after and instantly, his face brightens up. He ushers everyone in and can't control his grin. "I didn't think everyone would come!"

Seonghwa has been teased by his friend group for being too soft, but he can't fight the urge and jumps in to hug Yunho. He's been wanting to do this for days.

Yunho's eyes widen before he laughs and returns the hug with his healthy hand. "You guys are a little dramatic," he giggles as Seonghwa pulls away.

"How are you feeling?" Yeosang asks. "I told you guys, I'm feeling better already," he assures. "And I missed you all?" he adds on when he notices everyone's doubtful expressions.

They finally burst out laughing and San rushes to pour out some drinks while Wooyoung switches the TV on, flicking through the selection of movies on the streaming service.

Seonghwa and Yeosang sit on either side of Yunho on the couch. Seonghwa can only lightly shake his head at the explicit drawings on Yunho's sling. "I'm guessing Wooyoung already got to see you earlier?" he guesses.

They turn their heads to the oblivious Wooyoung and already know their answer. "Yeah, he did these the day I got the bandages and sling," Yunho explains with a small smile on his face, especially when he regards the scribbles drawn by San over the bad drawings.

The five men sit comfortably in front of the TV and watch the movie in peace, allowing Yunho to have fun even while being stuck at home.

When the movie ends, Seonghwa stretches and observes his surroundings. Everyone has fallen asleep and the room is a mess.

He decides to tidy the place up a bit before he ultimately falls asleep too. As he's picking up pieces of popcorn, he freezes.

His head whips up and the sound of rustling from outside Yunho's window, before it stops abruptly.

He shakes his head to himself, sure it's just a small animal. He continues picking things up, now a little more cautiously.

He stops moving as suddenly as he can, but this time he hears footsteps instead.

Those footsteps are definitely right beside Yunho's window. His heart now in his mouth, Seonghwa dashes to the window and throws the curtains open.

To both his disappointment as well as his relief, the view is empty. Whoever was hiding there managed to run away just in time.

Seonghwa instantly doesn't feel like Yunho is safe anymore and decides to tell his friends about this as soon as they wake up.

A/N
*pretends like I'm not over 2 hours late to update*
THE COMEBACK SHOWCASE IS TOMORROW I'M SO HYPEEEEEED