matilda

"Hola, hola," I say while opening the studio door and greeting everyone.

"Hey kiddo, glad to have you here," Sarah says, sitting on the couch next to Mitch.

"Yeah, I thought I wasn't gonna be able to make it, but I'm here. What did I miss?" I asked, walking closer to Harry and giving him a quick hug, then going to Mitch, Sarah and Jeff.

"We're just finishing some last bits we need, and I think we're all done," Harry said with a huge smile plastered on his face.

I could tell he was so excited about this album that he couldn't stop talking about it, and if it weren't for him, he'd release it now.

"No way, already?" I asked, sitting down.

"Yes."

I listened to Mitch talking to Harry about some ideas. Sarah gave her opinion on some of the songs and made Harry change some parts of the sound. I was talking to Jeff about school and work, and he was talking to me about how Harry took him out on a hike last week, and he wanted to throw his ass off the cliff. I would've done the same.

After a while, they all decided to go home, and Harry wanted to stay a couple of hours more to finish the last touches. After asking me to stay, I agreed with the condition of him buying me food.

"How's work going?" He asked, writing some things down in his journal. Yes, that brown, all fucked up journal that is hanging by a thread, exactly that one.

"It's going alright. I'm thinking of asking for more hours."

"Again?" He asked, now looking at me. "Is it your parents?"

I laughed. "Is it that obvious?"

"Last time you asked for hours was because your mom kicked you out, and you didn't wanna be home. What was it this time?" He sat straight on the chair, elbows resting on his knees, putting his full attention on me now.

I hate telling Harry about my fucked up family because I don't want him to feel sorry for me. It's not that big of a deal; I guess it is for him because his family is perfect. I just find it hard to open up because when I do is hard for me to stop. I trust harry a lot, and I know he's always listening to me, but I just don't want to be a burden to him. He already has so many things going on in his life I don't want to add more to it.

"My dad and I got into a fight about something stupid."

"Your fights with your parents are never stupid, y/n. What happened this time?"

"I told him the same thing I just told you, that I was thinking of asking for more hours, and he went on saying how I never wanted to be home and that I just wanted to have more money and spend it on dumb shit because that the only thing I know how to do, then he told me if I did get more hours I had to start paying for more bills."

"But don't you already pay for the electric bill?"

"Yes, I do. He wants me to pay more so I can help with the rent of the house. Makes sense, honestly."

"y/n."

"What?" I asked, looking down at my hands, playing with my rings.

I knew exactly what he was gonna say, but I didn't wanna hear it. I hated that he was always right because he was. Everything he said about my parents was right; I just didn't wanna see it.

"You buy your own food, you cook for yourself, you buy groceries for the entire house, and your parents don't even cook for you, you pay half the bills, and you also have to pay rent now?"

"it's not that big of a deal, H, it's like living in my own apartment," I said, still looking down

"Yeah, it is; the only difference is that you still have to listen to your parents."