Chapter 4

It had been two months since I'd seen Matty.

It had finally started to sink in that it was just a one night stand.

He hadn't texted or called, but neither had I.
I didn't want to seem desperate.
Even though I was.
I was desperate to see him.

The first three weeks were okay. I just ignored all the thoughts that always drifted to him. I just ignored all the invitations to parties. I threw myself into school. I was a good student anyway, I always passed, but my grades soared when I actually focused in class.

The next two weeks I rebounded hard. I hooked up with a heap of guys, but it was all just background noise. I felt numb to everything. Everything felt like nothing - except Matty.

When I'd been with him, my whole body had buzzed with electricity. I felt like every cell in my entire being was on fire.
But all the other guys I'd been with hadn't even been on the same level as Matty.
It wasn't even to do with the sex, it was everything else. When Matty kissed me I had melted, I was putty in his hands. And that terrified me.

All the other guys I'd been with had been boring in comparison. Matty was the only one that could make me feel that way.

Matty's POV

It had been two months since I'd seen Lee.

Normally a one night stand wouldn't affect me.
Normally I'd sleep with a girl, maybe text her to come over for another round, and then be done with her.
Normally I'd have girls falling over me.
But Lee had been different.

Lee carried herself differently.
Lee was classy, but still sexy.
Lee was - she was just Lee.
Herself. An individual.

And I fucking thought about her all the time. And that terrified me.

My mind often wandered back to the first night we met, when I leaned over to light her cigarette and we were so close. I had leaned in close and her eyes flicked to mine for a split second before the cig caught fire. Time seemed to slow down.

I remembered her moaning my name that night. I remembered her taunting me - 'oh really' and 'prove it' had swirled around my head in my dreams.

I remembered her dancing with that guy. To make me jealous. She'd kept eye contact with me the whole time, she knew it had bothered me.

I remembered when I called her 'my girl'.
I hadn't meant to. It had just slipped out.

I remembered kissing her against the side of the house, I remembered feeling like electricity coursed through my veins.

That had never happened to me before.
I'd never felt the electric spark everyone talked about with anyone before, but I had felt it with Lee.

I knew she felt something too, because she was holding back. I knew that if she didn't feel anything for me, we would've fucked that night at the party. But she pulled back. She pulled away. She's trying to convince herself it's a one night stand, and that she doesn't feel anything.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe she really doesn't feel anything. Maybe she really did just want a one night stand.

Either way, I was sick of living in my head.
I needed to call her.

Lee's POV

It was two am when Matty called me.
My phone rang out but I answered it quickly to prevent the noise from waking up Mum or Luke.

"Hello?" I croaked, still ridiculously tired.
"Hey. It's me." Matty's familiar British accent spoke.
"H-hi." I stuttered, shocked he'd called me. I tried to fight the smile playing over my lips.
"I know it's late. But can we go somewhere?" Matty asked.
I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Really, Matty?" I said.
"No - nothing like that. Not sex. I - I just want to see you." He said quietly.
I blushed silently. "Uh - sure. Just let me get ready." I said with a nervous grin.
"No need. I'm outside." Matty said. I could hear the smile in his voice.
"But - I'm in my pyjamas!" I laughed.
I could practically feel him rolling his eyes.
"Just get out here!" He laughed. I smiled before hanging up.