Chapter 9

Matty held my hand as we walked through the party together.
"Hey - I think they're playing truth or dare. Wanna go?" Matty asked, close to my ear. His lips grazed my neck and my ear. I shivered and I could see Matty smile out of the corner of my eye.

"I'm gonna need another from before that happens."I laughed.
Matty grinned and handed me a red cup with vodka in it. I gulped it down, ignoring the burning liquid sliding down my throat. I didn't have a reason to get drunk, I just wanted to loosen up a bit. Have some fun.
"Ready now?" Matty asked, squeezing my waist.
I blushed a little and nodded.
Matty smirked as he led me to the lounge room where everyone was sitting in a big circle.

Matty locked eyes with a tall guy across the room - he had blonde-brown dreadlocks and tattoos all up his arms. He was taller than Matty, so a lot taller than me. Matty smiled and waved him over.
"George, this is Lee." Matty said, introducing me. Matty looked a little on edge.
"Nice to meet you, Lee. I'm George. I've heard a bit about you." George smirked as he extended his hand and I shook it.
He really was tall, I had to look up at him.
I smiled. "Nice to meet you, too." I said politely.
George eyed me up and down with a grin, licking his lips unconsciously. He turned away before Matty could see the way he looked at me. I blushed and crossed my arms over my chest instinctively.
"So truth or dare, huh? I feel like I'm fifteen again." George laughed. The way his eyes held mine made me feel like my skin was on fire. Matty seemed to notice. He frowned for a second, then snaked his arm around my waist and leaned in to kiss my neck. I blushed and immediately felt guilty for thinking about George. I zoned out a little, overthinking things. I bit my lip. But after a while I decided to try to snap out of it and enjoy the party.
We all smiled and sat down cross-legged in the circle.

Everyone was smiling and laughing with cups in hand, everyone at the party seemed to be having a really good time.
It was sad to think this would end soon, with everyone graduating and going separate ways.

"Okay, so who's going first?" Walt asked, standing in the middle of the circle to get everyone's attention.
"Me!" A drunk guy with sandy blonde hair yelled.
Everyone laughed, some looking a little nervous.

We all weren't sure how this game was going to pan out.
Our school had a history with truth or dare games. Someone always ended up heartbroken, half naked, or in love.

"Sara, truth or dare?" The boy slurred.
The blonde girl named Sara he was talking to perked up and said 'dare'.
"I dare you to...to kiss Ashley!" The boy smirked, pointing to the blue-haired girl across from him.
I heard one person whisper 'But they're both girls'
Sara stood up and walked towards Ashley. Ashley looked a little nervous but I could see a hint of excitement and mischief in her eyes.

Sara grabbed Ashley's face with both hands and kissed her lightly, but I could see that Ashley kissed back the tiniest bit.
Everyone 'oohhed'.
They both broke apart blushing like crazy and walked back to their spots in the circle, but they couldn't hide the grins on their faces and the shaking of their hands.

"So that means it's my turn," Sara exclaimed. "George, truth or dare?" She asked.
"Dare." He stated, a glint in his eye. I could see he was a bit of a troublemaker like Matty. This could only go one way.
"I dare you to kiss the girl you're thinking about right now." Sara smirked, twirling a piece of her hair around her finger.

George chuckled and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. He glanced at Matty, then at me. I could feel what was about to happen.
George leaned in to kiss my cheek. The soft pressure of his lips on my skin for no more than two seconds.
It took a second for me to register what just happened. The others at the party all stared, stunned.
George broke away from me and sat back.

"What the fuck, mate?!" Matty yelled, swinging at George. Matty's fist collided with George's cheek and I let out a little gasp.
"I deserved that." George chuckled, standing up and wiping his mouth on the back of his arm. Matty's jaw dropped. George seemed like none of this phased him.
"You just gonna walk away, prick?" Matty yelled, scrambling up to follow George.
George nodded as he strolled out of the house.
I blushed bright red, picked up my cardigan and ran after the two of them.
The crowds of teenagers behind me looked on with slight amusement.

I ran out of the house, the cool night air stinging my skin. I saw Matty in front of George, swinging another punch at his nose.
"Matty! Just leave it! Let's just go." I screamed.
"What the fuck, George?! Why the hell did you kiss my girl?" Matty yelled at George. George just laughed and stumbled backwards, I could tell he was wasted. He tried to slur out an answer but failed.
"You're pissed, we're leaving." Matty spat. He turned to face me, hooking his arm round my shoulders and pulled me to his car.

"What was that?" I asked once we were safely in the car and driving.
"He kissed you!" Matty explained.
"I think you overreacted." I said, quieter this time, looking down at my hands.
Matty thought about this for a moment. He opened his mouth to say something then shut it again. "He still kissed you." He grumbled.
"Pull over," I demanded with a smirk.
"What? Why?" Matty asked.
I rolled my eyes with a small smile. "Just do it."

Matty pulled over on the side of the deserted highway. It was probably three in the morning and no one was out.
"That kiss meant nothing." I said, slipping my cardigan off. Matty watched the fabric slide over my arms, and even in the dim light of the street lights, I could see his pupils dilate.
"I don't want George. I want you," I said as I climbed over Matty to straddle him with a small smirk on my face.
Matty bit his bottom lip lustfully, his hands coming to rest on my waist.
"and I'm yours." I said.
Before I could get another word out Matty leaned up to kiss me eagerly, his hands sliding up my sides.
He grinned, looping his thumbs through the belt loops of my jeans.
"You're mine." He whispered as his lips dragged across my skin - my lips, my cheeks, my neck, my chest, my shoulders.
"I'm yours. No one else's. You don't need to get jealous." I smiled, tipping his chin up to kiss his lips softly.
"I wasn't jealous." Matty smiled, he knew he was lying.
"Oh really?" I smiled, biting my lip. I grinded my hips into his, feeling his excitement. He exhaled slowly, watching me grind into him. I met his eyes for an intense moment, our dark eyes holding each other's gaze. His eyes fluttered shut and his head fell back onto the seat.
I started to unbutton his jeans and lean down but Matty's hands grabbed mine, stopping me.
"No," he said, trapping my hands in his own. "You don't have to do that." He said.
I rolled my eyes with a sigh, sitting back.
"Come on, let's go somewhere." He said as I climbed into the passenger seat again.