Chapter 2

(Dipper pov)

I down my shot before resting my forehead on the bar with a small groan, Bill downing his own shot before he looks at me with a small chuckle.

"What's up with you, Pinetree?"

I turn my head slightly to glance at him. "Why do you call me that?" He just points to one of the patches on my jacket. "Oh...I think I should probably be getting home."

"Already?"

"Yeah, if I keep drinking then things will not turn out good and I will regret it in the morning."

"You have literally only had one shot."

"I am a very light drinker. Two makes me tipsy and three I will be so drunk I'll just start slurring nonesense."

"You really can't stay for just a bit longer?"

"Sorry." I get out of my seat, a bit surprised when he gets out of his seat pulling on his coat.

"Then let me walk you home. I mean, if you've seen the news then you know that it isn't safe to just go wandering around at night."

"You really don't have to, I can handle myself perfectly fine." I mostly don't want him to know that I live in an attic.

"While I don't doubt that you can take are of yourself no problem, I still insist on walking you home just to make sure you're safe. Can't have my new buisness partner getting hurt before opening night after all."

"Opening night?"

"Oh I never really explained things properly did I?"

"No you didn't."

"You will show up at this address at 9 A.M sharp for rehersal which will last all day. Food will be provided to you of course and there will be times for you to take breaks, that's all up to you. At 7 will be when the show starts." He hands me a card with his name and an address on it.

"Do the others have to go through with this as well?"

"No but none of them are capable of doing things that take as much of a physical strain on them. I mean yours seems like it would be tiring after a while, that's why I want to give you as much time as possible to practice before the show. The others is mostly them showing up and waving as the crowd takes a few pictures of them. Their differences are more noticeable at first glance than yours is."

"Because mine is doing flips like I have no spine?"

"Exactly." We exit the bar walking side by side as we head in the direction of my home. I glance up at the night sky smiling slightly seeing the constellations in the sky. "Why don't you tell me about yourself?"

"There isn't much to tell. I live with my sister in a small space that we rent out. She used to be a maid but quit after her boss made sexual advances towards her. She hasn't been able to get a job since and no job she actually wants will even think of hiring her because she's a girl. So we've both been just living off my income alone."

"What about other family? Your parents maybe?"

"Our parents died when we were little and any other family we have.....they consider me dead to them. I can't go back but Mable can and just refuses to go back to them."

"She's loyal."

"Yeah, she really is. I never asked her to stick with me this long but she has and I am glad she did. I don't know where I would have ended up if I had just been alone."

"It's good to at least have someone in your corner."

"What about your family?" I look up at him. "Are you close with them?"

"No, not really. I mean I guess that I'm kinda close with my brothers but not with my parents."

"Why so?"

"I'm like the black sheep of my family. They would rather stay on their high horse judging everyone not giving a damn while I would rather try and do other things with my life. They actually cut me off when they heard about my idea so everything is coming from my own pocket."

"That's why you were hesitant about how big my cut was."

"Yeah. Don't worry though, I'm still going to give you your fair share. Why did you agree to my idea in the end?"

"I have always enjoyed doing strange things for the fun of it. My family used to say my ideas were pretty crazy."

"Well good for you I like crazy."

I walk ahead of him and turn back to look at him as I keep walking.

"I close my eyes and I can see
The world that's waiting up for me
That I call my own
Through the dark, through the door
Through where no one's been before
But it feels like home

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say I've lost my mind
I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design" We get to the nearby port and I jump up on the railing as I look up at the sky with a smile on my face feeling the wind blowing through my hair.

"'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colours fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
Oh a million dreams for the world we're gonna make" I look at him and I lean back feeling my body fall into the cold water below.

I swim up my head breaking the surface of the water and see him looking down at me with an amused and worried face.

"You weren't kidding about being crazy, Pinetree." I just laugh softly at this. He coms onto the dock and helps me out of the water as we walk back onto the street. He takes his coat around my shoulders as I point to a big and beautiful house across the street. It's a bit rundown but it still looks amazing.

"There's a house we can build
Every room inside is filled
With things from far away
The special things I compile
Each one there to make you smile
On a rainy day

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say we've lost our minds
I don't care, I don't care if they call us crazy
Runaway to a world that we design

Every night I lie in bed
The brightest colours fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
Oh a million dreams for the world we're gonna make" He grabs both of my hands spinning us around making me laugh.

"However big, however small
Let me be part of it all
Share your dreams with me
You may be right, you may be wrong
But say that you'll bring me along
To the world you see
To the world I close my eyes to see
I close my eyes to see

Every night I lie in bed
The brightest colours fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
A million dreams, a million dreams
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make

For the world we're gonna make"

He puts his hand on my lower back and the other on my cheek making me look up at him. I feel heat rushing to my cheeks as I back away and hand him my coat realizing we're at my place.

"Thanks for walking me home."

"Anytime, Pinetree."

"I'll...uh....I'll see you tomorrow."

I rush back inside before he can say anything else.