Chapter 3

(Dipper pov)

I lay on a bench in a back room, sore but a good kind. I guess that I was kinda out of shape since some of the things I was practicing were harder to do than I remembered and they left me really sore. The trapezee thing was different but again it's something fun. Just bending those different ways and doing countless flips puts a bit of a strain on the body sometimes.

I look up feeling something cold tap against my forehead and see it's Bill holding a glass of water. I sit up as I take the water from him and gratefully drink from it.

"I take it that your rehearsal went well?"

"Yeah, it went great. Just more tiring to do some of that stuff than I remember."

"Did you take any breaks at all?"

"Yeah, although I needed more breaks than I originally planned to have."

"I told you to take breaks for a reason. I figured jumping back into this would be tiring on you in more ways than one."

"This had better be worth it. If this little idea of yours doesn't work out then I swear that-"

"You'll kill me?"

"Yeah, something like that."

"Then get in line, already have people wanting to do that."

"Like who?"

"Pretty much everyone that my family knows. They would all just want me dead to hide their shame at me doing this in the first place."

"I know there's some.....people in my life who would rather I didn't exist....for various reasons...."

"It sounds like there is quite the story there."

"One you won't ever hear."

"Maybe over some drinks later?"

"Trust me, there isn't enough alcohol in the world to get that story out of me."

He laughs slightly before checking the time on his watch. "The others will be getting here soon. You should head over to the room I have set up to be your dressing room. Your outfit for tonight is in there and should be perfect for you."

"What's wrong with what I'm already wearing?"

"Trust me, once you see what I laid out for you, you will be thanking me."

"Where is this dressing room then?"

"Right over there, first door on the right." He points down a hall and I push myself off the bench as I go to the room and push open the door stepping inside.

This entire room is bigger than my entire attic flat. I make my way over to a chair where he has the outfit laid out.

It's a dark blue button up shirt and some black dress pants. The shirt has these intricate gold designs sewn into it. Both the shirt and pants are made of a material that is stretchy so it won't get in the way or be uncomfortable with me flipping through the air and everything

I stand in front of the mirror as I run my fingers through my hair trying to tame it and make sure my bangs are covering my birthmark.

"Ford would have a heart attack if he saw me like this.....if he didn't kill me first. Stan would find this funny. The old man could always be reliable to find the humor in an otherwise bad situation."

I step out of the dressing room and see other people bustling about, the other people Bill hired to be a part of this thing. From the ones I can see right away there is a man who is covered in so much hair he looks almost like a werewolf, a man who looks only 3 feet tall and is dressed in an outfit like out of an old timey war movie and many others.