𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

As the sun hid behind the horizon, Alex Houk decided that the time had come, it was time for the Crossroad Empire to see the dawn of a new day. Up until now, they were hiding in the shadows, collecting information and gathering followers. "NO MORE," - Alex shouted, "IT IS TIME TO CREATE THE WORLD I SET OUT TO!" It was then that Alex's right hand, Sae, spoke:

‒ And how should we do it? We may have hundreds of followers, but all the nations have millions of soldiers, willing to give their life for their country.

Alex wondered, he perfectly knew that it was impossible for them to take over a nation, let alone the world. As the night sky shone through the skylight, an idea popped into his head. It was a risky chance, but then again... What other choice did he have, to let his followers die in an unwinnable battle?

‒ No, ‒ he said, ‒ my followers will not die in vain.

As he said those words, he approached the window.

‒ So, what's the plan? - Sae asked. Alex didn't utter a word, it seemed as if he was lost in thought, imagining, or maybe... remembering?

After some debating with himself, he said:

‒ Sae.

‒ Yes Alex?

He looked at her with a serious stare, it took what felt like minutes for her until Alex said anything,

‒ I'm gonna go out... If I happen to not come back... Make sure everyone stays safe, okay?

Sae looked confused, she had never seen his leader... No... her friend, to act this way. ‒ What do you mean?

She was worried, what did he mean? Why would he not come back, what could he do that could cost his life?

‒ Look, - Alex said, - I'm gonna do something very dangerous, and I want to make sure that if it were to cost my life... - he paused for a moment, thinking of words that could describe what he was feeling, - I just want to make sure no one suffers. If you will have to, please disband the Crossroad Empire, make sure no one loses their lives trying to win that impossible war.

With that being said, he looked at Sae. She didn't know what to feel... but one thing was certain...

‒ Okay, - she said, - I'll do it, I promise.

With this, Alex said his goodbyes and departed somewhere only he knew, And so, Sae gazed away, as Alex started his car and drove off, wondering if that was going to be the last time she saw one of the only few people she could call, friend... what they didn't know, was that a figure that hid in the darkness started to follow Alex...

‒ My king won't die on my watch, not as long as I live.