New Beginnings

Trigger Warning!!!  Mentions of self-harm!!

After a long day of preparations and helping the town, the Madrigals made their way home.

"Just two more days and we'll be wed," Dolores said to Emilia as they were behind the others.

Emilia nods and says, "I'm just happy that Luisa waited for me...I know she could have moved on at any time."

"A fat chance of that happening between Abuela working us there was no time for her to do so and she'd mostly turn the others down," Dolores said as they walked into Casita.

Dolores smiles as she says good night to Emilia and went to go talk to her Mami and Papi and siblings.

Emilia smiles and looks over to her fiance, talking to Mami, Papi, and her sisters.

Emilia then enters her room to think about her Papi...

"Oh, Papi I wish you were here...oh..." Emilia said as she saw her guitar or her Papi's guitar that she's never touched since he died and remembers: "If you ever feel alone mi amor play this and know I will always be with you."

Emilia takes a deep breath and begins strumming the guitar remembering what her father taught her...

*Proud Corazon instrumental* 

...

A little bit after midnight Antonio woke up and decided he couldn't sleep and decided to walk around Casita for a little while until he heard music coming from someone's room.

He then asked Kodi, "Where's it coming from?"

Kodi points to Emilia's bedroom they then quietly made their way towards her room and carefully open the door and see her playing the guitar on her bed.

He then says, "You play the guitarra?"

"*Gasps* Antonio! What are you doing up buddy?" Emilia asked as she moved her bed towards the ground.

Antonio comes up to her and says, "I can't sleep and I heard music and I thought I'd come in and listen."

"*Chuckles* come here Tonio you too Kodi," Emilia said as she lifts Antonio and Kodi jumps up on her bed.

Antonio then asks, "What song is that?"

"It's a song that mi Papi would sing to me and the rest of your familia whenever we were upset Tonito," Emilia said as Antonio snuggles into her chest staring up at her innocently.

"What...Oh no...I can'-" Emilia starts as he says, "It'll make me go to sleep faster."

Emilia sighs and says, "Alright I'll sing it for you but straight to bed afterward got it?" 

Antonio nods as Emilia strums...