How We First Met! Platinum vs Robert Part 2!

Platinum's POV

"Platinum, did you sweep the kitchen floor?" My mom nagged.

"Yes mom. The floor is swept, I took out the trash, I cleaned the windows. The house is spotless." I said.

Today was our New Years party. My dad was out buying all of the food for the party, while my moms and I started cleaning up, and setting up the decorations. The party started at 8 pm and it was already 7:30.

"Where is your dad? He should've been back with the groceries by now..." My mom anxiously said. "The guests will be here soon."

"You know dad is late for everything." I said.

"I know... but I'm never going to get used to that." My mom sighed.

"I'm back!" Right on cue, my dad burst through the front doors, overflowing with tons of grocery bags.

"Floa!"

"Exca!" Floatzel and Excadrill helped my dad carry all the groceries.

"You cut it way too close Braeden!" My mom said.

"Better late than never right?" My dad smiled.

We began unloading the groceries, and setting up food for the party. We had chips and salsa, garlic knots, sodas, cheese pizza, and mini grilled cheese sliders. There were also an assortment of fruits and alcoholic drinks for the adults.

"Woah..." I said as my mouth watered looking at all the food.

"Looks good right?" My dad said as he reached for a garlic knot but my mom smacked his hand.

"Don't eat it yet!" She said. "We have to wait for everyone to get here!"

"Man..." My dad said as he rubbed his hand which made me laugh.

"Come on Eevee, let's go to the backyard." I said.

"Vee!" Eevee said as he followed me outside.

I didn't really want to be inside when all the guests showed up, mostly to avoid saying hi to the adults because that's always an awkward situation.

Eevee was rolling around in the soft grass with a big smile on his face while I sat on the steps watching him. This is starting to feel like the cookout all those months ago. Back when I first met Robert, Jerron, and Katrina. I then thought of Circe, and wondered how she was doing. I wish she could've been here.

"Hey Platinum." I heard a familiar voice, I turned around, and there stood Amanda, Nick, and Nathan.

"Hey guys!" I excitedly said. "You made it!"

"Yup!" Said Nick. "Even though we had to drag Nathan out."

"Whatever." Nathan rolled his eyes.

"We all wanted to be here Platinum." Amanda smiled. "It's always good to see you."

"Same goes for you guys." I smiled back.

I looked into the window of my house, and saw my parents talking with Nick, Nathan, and Amanda's parents.

"So when do we get to meet your fancy PM Academy friends?" Nathan asked.

"I'm sure they'll be here soon." I said to Nathan.

"Amanda met some of them already right?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, I met them when I went to the mall with my mom a while ago. One of them was really pretty, I think her name was Circe." Amanda said.

"O-Oh yeah." I said as my face got a little warm. "I doubt she's coming, my mom and dad have never met her aunt."